Archinect
anchor

Sustainability Matrix resources or templates?

Ed_in_NYC

1st Yr M.Arch.

So - we are charged with producting a sustainability matrix as part of our building research project. Does anyone know where we can find some good resources to get us started? A template? A check-list? some good examples?

thanks!
-e

Oct 12, 06 11:54 pm
24-7tecture

“If I asked you, ‘how your marriage was?’ and you replied, ‘sustainable’ I would feel sorry for you”
-Michael Braungart

Derive your own definition and matrix on what you believe in, in terms of ‘sustainability’.

Oct 13, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

i'll bite- Ed, you haven't provided enough information. What is the project, what is the site, what is the studio pedegogy?

BNIM created this matrix for the Packard Foundation Building in San Francisco.

This may be what the prof is looking for you to emulate...

24-7 posted a great quote by MB. This is an important point- your goal should not be to maintain the status quo, we can alread achieve that. Go beyond to create a regenerative building (ie, produces more energy, more oxygen, more clean water then it consumes)- If you havn't read cradle to cradle you won't have a clue as to where to start.

Oct 13, 06 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

Ed, its too early in your first semester to really worry about technical solutions. don't think about the technology, just think of the effect and concept.

Oct 13, 06 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
postal

yeang

Oct 13, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: