Archinect
anchor

big ballers in chicago....

binary

how many large firms are in chicago and name a few...... i went to the aiachicago site and seen a good amount of firms ....

rtkl
som
owpp

i think it would be cool to compose a list of large firms in each major city..... just an idea

Oct 11, 06 7:33 pm
AbrahamNR

gensler
p+w

On a related note I actually tougth this tread was actually about The Bulls and how it seems they can be good this year...

Oct 11, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i can't wait for your list. its sounds awesome!!!

Oct 11, 06 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
postal

hijack...

yeah, ben wallace ought to add some competence in the C pozish.

i'm looking forward to getting some tickets. i might even go to a blackhawks too! plus, i'm thinking deng & kirk are going to have ridic years.

Oct 12, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
binary

go tigers.......

Oct 12, 06 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

i am getting the first wallace bulls jersey i can lay my hands on.

sorry 237am

um you could add destefano to your list. theyre big. how big is big?

Oct 12, 06 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?
Oct 12, 06 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
binary

honestly, i'm trying to compose a list to sendout marketing materials for my model building services.... i emailed alot of firms that i found but since i'm dropping about $40-$75 per mailer set, i want to send them to the large firms that outsource model work......

i figured that there's some chicago people here that can toss me a few names..... i know of the large ones with alot of offices but i know there's a few firms that are large and only have a chicago/midwest office.....

in return for your help, i will teach you how to do the robot in two different styles....mannaquin and hydrolic...

can email me also bdb@237am.com

b

and go big 3

Oct 12, 06 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Ben Wallace is a sellout. Go Pistons. More importantly, Go Tigers!

237, you should have a good knowledge of Detroit firms, perhaps you could tell me your thoughts on not only large Detroit firms, but the firms you credit as producing the best work.

Oct 12, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

A sell-out prof. athlete? Unheard of!!

Oct 12, 06 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

half the pacers got busted in a brawl outside some strip club. one of the dudes is on probation from that brawl in detroit and may do some hard time. its tough being a twenty something millionaire with a 60 percent free throw average...

Oct 12, 06 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

I never thought I would be rooting for Duhon.

Oct 12, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hamilton anderson
i dont like smith group for a few reasons
gensler
not updated on kahns stuff
neuman smith....ummm after the 1 kennedy bldg...nope
rossettii...... not bad....... 4 meetings for model work and nothing so far
studiozone...ummmm

Oct 12, 06 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
miss casual

but what do we expect a nineteen year old to do when they give him 90 million dollars? of course he ends up speeding in his ferrari doing coke off the dashboard with a gun-weilding hooker riding shotgun.

Oct 12, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
marimbaONE

"... 20" blades on the Impala"

Oct 12, 06 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
AbrahamNR

The Bulls did win their first exibition game against the Wizards, but it was only 87 to 86. That's not the makings of a powerhouse.

Oct 12, 06 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
binary

tuckin' 20's on a 77 vette...like WHAT!!!!!

Oct 12, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

[url=http://static.flickr.com/116/269430431_3160799ecc_m.jpg[/url]

Oct 14, 06 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus
Oct 14, 06 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

did someone say bawlers? Or Brawlers?

Oct 14, 06 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

237 -

Oct 14, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

237 -

Oct 14, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

237- loebl schlossman hackl gets some big work requiring outsourced models now and then but theres a guy around here cranking out laser cut models pretty fair priced.

try the old lohan associates - i think its goetche partners or something.

what type of models you got?

Oct 14, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I here Adrian Smith (SOM) started his own firm at 55 w monroe - maybe you could cut him a deal.

I'll give you more names but first you have to answer this riddle....

Ditka vs. Huricane Ditka, Who wins?

Oct 14, 06 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
binary

you spelled ditka wrong....it's dirka dirka...

thanks for the heads up for the firms....

i've been doing models on a professional level since 97 or so and worked for another shop but decided to start my own shop back in 2000.... i can do anything from laser cut high-end to all white..... i work in acrylic and styrene..... might switch to automotive paints if i can keep work coming in.... automotive paints are expensive....

www.237am.com is most of my work
look in the model section and see the variety of looks i can do...... i try to stay away from the "plastic-railroad" looking models that i see in some other shops....... clean models

i did a model update for owpp in chicago about a year ago.....

?

Oct 14, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
iterati

Get an SLA machine and you're GOLDEN!!!!

Nov 2, 06 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
binary

is that a lithograhic?..... 3d printing?

you still need to sand/fill areas

b

Nov 2, 06 4:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: