Archinect
anchor

hiding televisions

thenewold

Here's a very discourse-heavy question.

Does anyone know examples of clever ways to hide flatscreen tv's?

Oct 11, 06 10:47 am
Erik Schonsett

I saw a company that put them behind framed mirrors. When the TV was turned on, the mirror became as cleas as glass. Pretty brilliant! I don't remember thier name, but the company was at the California Design Boom Show in Santa Monica last year.

Oct 11, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis
Hidden TV
Oct 11, 06 11:01 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis
Or, check out the company website.
Oct 11, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
thenewold

yeah, google...

Oct 11, 06 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I want one of those to hide the entrance to my bat cave. Actually kind of cool for a small place with limitied storage.

Oct 11, 06 11:45 am  · 
 · 
207moak

A landfill works well.
Ant Farm als had some good solutions.

Oct 11, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

Sorry,
meant to be helpful as well

link

Oct 11, 06 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

Once again

auton

Oct 11, 06 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
binary

the bookcase was sort of wack.... flipping bookcases have been around for years...secret entrances/etc........ plus it looks like you have to drop the side filler panels and rotate yourself....work...... just flush mount into a wall and hang a picture over it.........

Oct 11, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Actually, check out the video on the site. The pannels slip back when the unit begins to rotate.

Oct 11, 06 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i guess i did a pre-mature post.......darn........

i would still find a way to mount it .....maybe a thin shelving unit with a fake face panel or something......

the bookcase ,to me, seems to be an overkill......

Oct 11, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

pantographs:

can be found through good photo studio/av equipment suppliers

Oct 11, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

I've never seen the point of hiding tv's. I can't imagine people would hide them after day-to-day use and I bet most who would buy a 60" plasma would want to show if off when thier friends/family come over. Plus, it seems like the tv eventually ends up getting turned on when you have people over anyway, especially if you know anyone who's a sports fan.

Oct 11, 06 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

a curtain?

Oct 11, 06 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Blue202

agreed w/ bryan. why would anyone hide their $5,000 plasma behind a $19 Christmas-Tree Shop print of the mona lisa?

Oct 11, 06 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

chili-

I am wondering if you could hide that ugly bookcase behind a flat screen TV???

Oct 11, 06 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Oct 11, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: