Archinect
anchor

dumb Internet Explorer/Firefox/pdf question...

dml955i

So my computer recently started having an issue when I try to view a pdf from Internet Explorer. Explorer will crash/boot me out of IE if I try to download a pdf. I've tried re-installing IE, and Acrobat & Reader, but still nothing.

I even tried downloading a pdf thru Firefox, but will only get a blank page...

Any ideas?

Oct 10, 06 8:49 pm
sameolddoctor

right-click and do 'save target as' then after it saves open the pdf

Oct 10, 06 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
l8rpeace

try the adobe forums for either adobe reader or adobe acrobat, whichever you are using. or the microsoft knowledge base with a search for IE. or Firefox knowledge base. You should find something there.

For more detailed information about the specific problems you are having, your event viewer for applications (for winxp, in the administrative tools) might shed more light on the specific problem.

Also, while I don't remember any recent issues with the adobe reader, you may have a virus. Scan your computer if you get the chance.

If none of that works, chances are you may have corrupted something. do you have a backup of your system or the registry which you can revert to?

Oct 10, 06 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
nicolaskisic

Well, it has happened to me before.
Restarting your computer should work.

Actually I fixed it because there was a duplicate adobe acrobat reader task within the Task Manager. If you prefer, Ctrl+Alt+Del and check for any Adobe Acrobat task/process and END it.

Try again after that.

If not working, do as l8rpeace says...

Oct 10, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: