Archinect
anchor

san francisco???

history

hello,
can any one give some suggestions on cool but not expensive places to stay in SF??
also any recommendations on cool sight to check out?
thanks
H

Oct 9, 06 10:11 pm
Katze

What's you cap ($$$) ?

Oct 9, 06 10:31 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

BTW, price really depends on travel dates. Downtown hotels will be cheaper on the weekends, whereas Fisherman's Wharf will be cheaper weekdays but it really depends on what is going on in the city as far as conferences and activities. You can find deals but they change drastically week by week.

The Triton is a funky and fun boutique-style hotel conveniently located near Chinatown, Nob Hill, & Union Square, but prices vary drastically depending on your travel dates - you could pay $200+ easily per night for any cool SF hotel. There are plenty of inexpensive alternatives (e.g. Best Western, Holiday Inn for under or around $100) but be careful of neighborhood choice (stay away from the tenderloin or civic center areas). Bottom line cool = $$$$

Oct 9, 06 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
knock

The Commodore is pretty cool, and may be cheaper that the Triton ... also has a nice bar (the RedRoom) and great small restaurant (Canteen - their brunch is delicious)

Oct 10, 06 12:34 am  · 
 · 
history

thanks...
i have checked a few of those places andits seems all booked for this weekend.....!! under 100 would be the best

Oct 10, 06 2:46 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

i hate to say it but the Diva Hotel -- not too cool but you can get at room for $70 and it's a cousin on the Triton. I stayed there for 2 weeks once (long story)

It is also opposite the Clift hotel -- so go drink there...

Oct 10, 06 9:54 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

the Tenderlion

Oct 10, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

kidding....seriously dont stay there...there is a new "green hotel" scheduled to open at the end of this month - i think its on bush near the downtown area - ill try to find out the name for ya

Oct 10, 06 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
mrfletchersevil

the savoy is great for the money, on nob hill three blocks from union square. I stayed there in the middle of the summer and i think it was around 100 a night maybe a little less. very nice for the price and great location.

Oct 10, 06 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES
GREEN HOTEL

in SF

Oct 10, 06 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

THERE IS ALSO ONE I STAYED AT WHILE LOOKING FOR AN APT.(CORNER OF POLK AND SUTTER-MAYBE A LITTLE CLOSER TO MARKET) ...THERE WERE TRANS. HOOKERS STANDING ON THE CORNER...IF UR INTO THAT SORT OF THING - AND WHILE I WAS WALKING UP THE OUTDOOR STAIRS SOME RANDON DUDE GOT LOCKED OUT OF HIS ROOM BUT ASS NAKED BY THE HOOKER IN HIS ROOM. THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW

SORRY FOR THE CAPS - DOING NOTES HERE

Oct 10, 06 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

stay at the phoenix.

rates aren't too bad, and it's sf's number one choice for touring rock 'n rollers.

Oct 11, 06 12:55 am  · 
 · 
Katze

Cameron, while you were at the Diva did you happen to venture to the Grand Café restaurant in the Hotel Monaco? Good food…

Oct 11, 06 1:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: