Archinect
anchor

extruded multiwall polycard sheets.....expensive..wtf

binary

i'm working on a design/build project...small screen porch... i was planning on using extruded polycarb sheets.... www.gallinausa.com.. and i went to a local distributor to check for a price.... i need 3 5'x10' sheets in 16 or 20mm and in bronze..... well i got a price for $400 a sheet and i need 3 of them....wtf........ i can see like 200-250 a sheet but 400.......damn..... i might have to figure something else out or just bit the bullet and order it....... i emailed the main company to see if i can get a better deal or something.....

any other ideas?

b

Oct 9, 06 3:31 pm
crowbert

Hmmm, you could fly to italy - Wait, I could fly to italy to pick those up fot you - all you need to do is pay for the hotel room and airfare.

Oct 9, 06 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

I get polycarb sheets from Plasticare Inc. 800 878-4396.
The most i have paid is $80 a sheet. Maybe they have what you want.

Oct 9, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Pretty sure you can still get assorted Polygal sheets a lot cheaper than 400 a sheet as well. I always found it wasn't really the sheets that seemed expensive to me -- but the Polygal "trim" pieces and hardware, etc. -- much of which really sucks -- is fairly pricy.

Oct 9, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
binary

it's the extruded web panel...comes in various mm's.... i'm using it for roof panels ..... i know the flat sheets are cheap..i.e. 1/8" or so......

i might have shot myself in the foot on this one........ but, it's the last thing i really need to do for the project...

b

Oct 9, 06 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
binary
http://www.cloudtops.com/polycarbonate_macrolux_pricing.htm

found this..... figure i would pay half here...go figure....

Oct 9, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

look for it at greenhouse/agricultural supply sources.

Oct 9, 06 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks.... i came across i few sites but since i need a 5x10', it need special freight/shipping and thats like another 300 on the top..... i might just bit the bullet on this one.......

?

Oct 9, 06 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
alicat

another alternative, if only for a season or two, until you save up a little more is corflute. Will degrade quickly with the UV, but two layers of that works a treat at my place. (shed with no insulation) outside (well also inside really) can be vary from high 30's to minus 5 (C that is, not F). Wacked up simple frame, bolted two sheets together. Huge sheet from signwriter (about 2400x1800mm is about 80 AUD, from other suppliers, even cheaper) and it comes in clear, white, red, yellow, black and funky green.

Oct 10, 06 1:24 am  · 
 · 
alicat

oh heck you could always sitck a Uv stablise film on it.
and pretty pictures for that matter too!

Oct 10, 06 1:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: