Archinect
anchor

Hardware Question of the Day: towelbars/door pulls

threshold

I can't believe I'm having a hard time finding this because I know I have seen it many times... What I'm looking for is a towel bar that can also serve as a door pull for a frameless glass shower door.

I need one that will be installed back-to-back (bar both on the inside and the outside of the door) that needs to also serve as the door pull. Ideally, the outside bar would have towel bar clearance to the glass and the inside bar would have door pull clearance to the glass.

I have a number of solutions that are traditional in style but my clients are looking for a simply detailed, contemporary design.

Anyone have a direction or suggestion for me here?

Thanks,

Dave R.

Oct 6, 06 9:59 am
myriam

CR Laurence has the most... and one of theirs is the typical, flat-escutcheoned, tubular bar type. Not super pretty but clean and standard. It won't heighten the look of your door but it won't detract from it either.

Oct 6, 06 10:50 am  · 
 · 
myriam
here you go
Oct 6, 06 10:52 am  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

If you're designing a bathroom which will have a frameless (or framed) shower enclosure to bu installed by a shower door sub, then I wouldn't worry about specifying it, other than what you've described as a note - that is if you're doing CA and you're concerned. When it gets to that point just tell the contractor what you want.

Oct 9, 06 1:21 am  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

the reason being that different installers use different hardware, but generally it all looks quite similar. just tell them you want to see a cut sheet in advance of installation.

Oct 9, 06 1:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: