Archinect
anchor

AIA Agenda

cf

Here you go, people, enjoy.

http://www.aia.org/SiteObjects/files/HPB_position_statements.pdf

Oct 2, 06 3:57 pm
Katze

Ok, so this looks like a step in the right direction. I personally would like to see the AIA play a larger role but I know some will disagree. I noticed the terms "promote", "encourage", and "collaborate" quite a bit. I would prefer to see more of the "develop", "enforce" and "govern" but I guess I will accept this position as a step in the right direction. I still think the AIA needs to take on a larger role of developing and enforcing standards - please feel free to throw rocks at will :)

Oct 2, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
cf

I concurr.
Is there anyone else who wants the floor who is not under the table.

Oct 3, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
quizzical

You will see in the coming weeks a considerable amount of new information (and initiatives) coming from AIA on this topic. The link shown above is nearly a year-old now and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since AIA adopted this policy statement last December.

At the September 06 meeting of the AIA Board, the Board adopted the report of the 2006 Sustainability Task Group. The STG's recommendations are both aggressive and comprehensive ... are designed to position AIA, and its members, much more in the forefront on this very important issue.

Stay tuned ...

Oct 4, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: