Archinect
anchor

looking for current lists of arch/firms/etc...east coast

binary

i'm looking to market my model building services/design services on the east coast and was curious if there's a current list of firms/etc out that way. i've been on a few arch websites/etc (aia) and most of them tend to be outdated........ i will be sending out marketing packages and cant really afford to send to a firm that isnt there....... i could just call to double check but i still need a decent list to start with...

thanks
b

Oct 1, 06 3:12 am
b3tadine[sutures]

need to post some samples so we can direct you.

Oct 1, 06 7:18 am  · 
 · 
tc79

Reed Design Registry (aka ProFile) from Reed Construction Data.

Almost all of the pro model makers that we've used have been local, especially for larger models. We want to be able to review progress and materials' representation, either in the modeler's shop or in our office.

Oct 1, 06 7:56 am  · 
 · 
binary
www.237am.com

i was told thats theres alot of work in the ny area for models.... i figure i could try to pick up a few clients.... i know it's not local but depending on the scale of work, shipping it out might be better.... plus, i'm a 1 man army here so i really dont have much overhead so i give decent rates.....

it's only an 8 hour drive from detroit to ny so that isnt a big issue as for delivery/etc..... plus flights from ny to det. are cheap...

b

Oct 1, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
oldirty

You should also try marketing to firms in the midwest (Chicago, Minneapolis) since you are already there and there are already modeling shops that are actually in NYC, which would probably give them consideration before you.

Oct 1, 06 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

237, no disrespect, but I think you have a Trojan (detected it as a JS/Downloader-AUD) on your site. I wasn't certain, so after infection I cleaned it from my PC, then re-visited your site and the same virus attacked. The second time I wasn't able to delete it from my system until I found a resolution here. My virus detection is set pretty high, so no need to panic but I might suggest contacting your hosting provider to determine what this Trojan is and how to get rid of it :)

Oct 1, 06 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks, i'll look into that... i'll tell my webmasterguy.......

Oct 2, 06 2:26 am  · 
 · 

try the local chapters of the aia in the areas where you want to target. they usually have an annual directory of current member firms.

Oct 2, 06 7:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: