Archinect
anchor

Archinect @ the AA

TickerTocker

hello all,

i remember there were a whole bunch of archinectors who were supposed to be going to the AA this year. i've seen onur's name around the school a couple of times (computer lab intro), but where's everybody else? sporadic? bigness? luis? want to catch a pint before the real shit hits the fan next week?

Sep 27, 06 3:12 am
bigness

i've applied for entry in 2007!

Sep 27, 06 3:17 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

I will have some time to pass by the school for the opening of the 10 Years of Koshirakura Workshop exhibition. But why stay in the little AA microcosm? we should organise a get together londonwide.

Sep 27, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 
ooid

hi ticker, i do not know your name so i could not catch anyone except superadic supernova and matt from landscape...

Sep 27, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

yo, were dug in at morwell street . . .be at John street on Friday, where you at?

Sep 27, 06 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

i'm in diploma, so will be at bedford square most of the time i guess. i'll be around the building most of today and tomorrow. i can come by john street sometime, i'd like to see the graduate studio spaces. i'll try and track down onur or sporadic first.

Sep 28, 06 2:56 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

right you guys ....

met up with Onur and TT ... been asking around for Luis and everyone says he's in John street... well I guess I'll see him on friday for the Koshirakura Workshop exhibition?. Ludwig, we should catch up then. I'll send you an email.

Onur.. I haven't met up with Matt ... and bigness where are you ? .. are you anywhere in London right now?

and Mouse ... will you please identify yourself? ...

Oct 3, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

and yeah .. this first week has been quite hectic .. running around for all the damn paperwork and checking ou the diploma presentations ... ( which were quite impressive, i should say !!)

Oct 3, 06 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Ludwig

ok if you want to find me... I'll be wearing the JApAn t-shirt.

Oct 3, 06 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
mouse

which unit are you in sporadic?

Oct 4, 06 6:31 am  · 
 · 
mouse

sorry sporadic, just noticed you're DRL - it was the diploma presentations remark that threw me.

Oct 4, 06 6:35 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

might hop over to bedford today to see the new DRL Phase 1 agenda presentation at 4pm . . .

Oct 4, 06 6:35 am  · 
 · 
mwolmosp

AA bar at noon tomorrow....Matt

Oct 4, 06 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

hey, did this already happen? im moving to london in a week and a half!

if any archinectors wouldnt mind showing me around ... or know of a room (i think in hackney? thats near my work) or have advice (ie. when they say "roomshare" do they mean actually share a room??) ...

Oct 18, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

nope ... it didn't really happen ... Somehow this life @ the AA is too hectic. other than meeting luis and amanning on a regular basis i hardly see the others .. oh well ...

but when you do get here, shoot us an email and we could probably get together

and yes roomshare mean "share a room" if you want your own room .. look for flatshare or house share.. something like that

Oct 19, 06 4:28 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

aye, its a special sort of hell...

Oct 19, 06 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

...sharing a room with a stranger or life@AA?

Oct 20, 06 10:08 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

i meant life at the AA.

it's not so bad, actually. it's oppressive, but in a good way i guess. i'm sure sporadic and junkieonur will both testify to that.

Oct 20, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

oh the fun is just starting! Going to Marc Cousin's lecture on the ugly? Sounds like it could be an interesting series . . .

Oct 20, 06 11:42 am  · 
 · 
ooid

yeah after the ugly, drl party will be pretty tonight :p

Oct 20, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Man ... I missed the Marc Cousins lectutre ... so did TT actually ..

we had a design review.. and ... well lets just say that it took up time.

but it's a series.. so next friday then ....

junkieonur .. the party actually got better after you left .. hahaha !! we went out to "thirst" after 12 ... anyway to make the story short, I got back home @ 5 AM ( and then i was back at the studio @ 9 AM - crazy!!put in around three red-bulls in me!! )

heather: ... if you're gonna be in london for a short time, I'd recomend that you look for a single room in one of the hostels ( like YMCA and the sorts) .. it's not too bad financially and they usually provide meals ( inclusive) too

Oct 22, 06 5:13 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

Thirst . . . glad you got there sporadic, the fact that a drl'er works there makes the place worth it. It was not in the cards for me that night, but we'll get there. By the way, I like the way your team is working . . . process is interesting, and the output shows that. Keep going!

Oct 22, 06 6:57 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

wow, i like the way this is turning into a bulletin board. especially since no one really has the time to meet up in school.

p.s. i'm still kicking myself for missing the marc cousins lecture. sporadic, as soon as you get your hands on the video, please pass it on.

Oct 22, 06 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

(sporadic: not short term ... have a work permit for several years. but who knows! i do have a place to stay until i find a place to live.)

Oct 23, 06 11:46 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Heather-

Bon Voyage!!!!!
we'll miss you on the left side of the pond.

oh, start off in short-term housing till you know your way around and figure out what 'hood you'd like to be associated with. there is a cool hostel in Nottinghill Gate that I stayed in during my exchange with the AA 12 years ago... On Ladbrook circle/road 1/2 block from the tube.

Oct 23, 06 11:56 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Thanks Luis ... still trying to iron out some creases though ....

Oct 24, 06 3:38 am  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

man, i missed marc cousins again! had a tutorial this time. did the rest of you go? how was it?

where can i get the recordings?

Oct 28, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
geimanj

Hey AA peeps- quick question- are you all doing BArch equivs? I'm applying to MArch (non-arch undergrad) programs in the US and am interested in the AA, but it sounds like you either have to start from scratch or have a BArch already to attend. Any thoughts? What made you decide to go to the AA as oppoesd to a US school (assuming you're coming from the US)?

Oct 28, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
TickerTocker

if you don't have a B.Arch already, i think you'll have to apply to Diploma. If you have a B.Arch, you can apply to the grad programmes as well. However, there may be a couple of programmes that don't insist on an architectural background like the Histories & Theories programme. I'm not sure, look it up on the AA website.

it would help if you gave us more info about what you want from your school before we can tell you whether the AA fits.

Oct 29, 06 4:02 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

missed Marc cousins too ....had a design review ( which went quite well)
TT,
Sarah from the Photo/ video library emailed me saying that the video of the first lecture is ready .. so you probably wanna watch that when you get the time ..

Oct 29, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: