Archinect
anchor

Hide and seeking games

Reason

I'm back from my vacation in China. Someone may remember I started a post before my trip about after finishing my project, I wasn't clear what I'm going to work on, and I just filled in small things before my vacation. I was even thinking to change a company, since I hate wasting my time.
Now I'm back. Eventhough I caught a cold, I still made to the office. And once again, I don't know what I suppose to work on. The person in charge is no where to be found, just like beofore my vacation. At the same time, all the partners are saying we are so busy, we can't get things done. They also busy interviewing people. But here I'm sitting here, don't know what to do. I'm wondering what is the logic here? I did two interviews with two large firms the day before I came back to work, just in case thing won't go well at this firm. Eventhough I don't want to change, it's a lot of work.
So why this is happening?
My guesses are:
1) The person in charge is not well organized, couldn't use the resource efficiently.
2) The person in charge doesn't want to me work there. (I worked for another principal for my last project, and he doesn't have a project now.)
I wonder what I should do:
1) Waite and see what will happen?
2) Keep bugging and finding the person in charge to find a project that fit my experiences.
3) Keep interviewing and change to a place where they can use me efficently.
Your input will be really appreciated. Thank you!

Sep 26, 06 1:50 pm

2)

if nothing else ask a partner that's saying you're busy?

Sep 26, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Talk to the manager(s) who is so busy they can't keep up. Let them know that you can help take the load off. Do some snooping to see how your skills can fulfill the specific project needs - like "I can do your wall sections/code check/exterior renderings for you!"

Sep 26, 06 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Reason

Steve/Strawbeary,
Thanks for your response.
The partner kept saying he is so busy, our company is so busy, but he is not in charge of staffing.
Strawbeary, the point is I can do anything you listed. What I need is a project I can run. I can help others a bit in case of emergency, but I can't do it full time with my level of experiences.
What I suspected is I became a victim of the war between the two partners, the one I worked for in my last project, and the other one who is in charge of staffing. They seem have a hard time to find each other to work out a schedule.

Sep 26, 06 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: