Archinect
anchor

How do I shape my material?

If I had a Dollar

I'm working with thin gauge aluminum and copper and was wondering what you would recommend to cut and shape it.

thanks.

Sep 23, 06 2:06 pm
archMONSTER

Do you have a wood or metal shop on your campus? They will most likey have the tools you are looking for.

Sep 23, 06 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
binary

how thick?.... i have used brass/aluminum in some models and usually you can cut it on the band saw... i would recommend buying a separtate blade... fine tooth should be good...also get a meium thickness blade.... too thin and it'll snap too easily and too thick, you will only be able to really do straight cuts...... you can also rough cut on the band saw and then finish up on a sander....... if there is no shop, use a utility knife and do a bunch of scores.... light scores and alot of them...it'll help keep control...then you can bend/snap with a striaght edge on the top and the bottom......

i have a few models on my site that i have used various materials...www.237am.com.....

good luck

Sep 23, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: