Archinect
anchor

DEATH AND TAXES...

kissy_face

I just got my first paycheck from my new job and I just about cried when I realized how much in taxes Im going to pay each month.
Anybody out there feelin' my pain?

Sep 19, 06 4:28 pm
Rim Joist

Yep. Which political party do you typically vote for?

Sep 19, 06 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I think what Rim Joist is trying to get at is that as of last month the Iraq war has cost each American taxpayer $2800.

Sep 19, 06 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Here's what I was actually trying to get at:

"Which political party do you typically vote for?"

Sep 19, 06 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Sorry. Just extrapolating based on your previous posts.

Sep 19, 06 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

No, I'm just punchy. But you are right -- the facts don't make much of a case for the current admin, do they...? Yikes.

Sep 19, 06 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Crazy, isn't it? I seem to remember a time when the Republican platform was based around small goverment, fiscal conservatism and personal responsibility. I don't see much evidence of any of those with the current guys in power.

Kissy Face - As for shedding tax liability - get an IRA/401K, a high deductible HSA PPO if you buy your own medical insurance, and don't be afraid to splend money on yourself for deductible expenses like continuing eduction. Also, if this is your first architecture job, make sure that you aren't getting screwed as an independent contractor. This is a favorite way for sleazy firms to slough tax and benefits burdens on to people that can't afford them.

Sep 19, 06 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

Not my first job...Im sure that my firm the one screwing me over, its the government that has me bent over...

Sep 19, 06 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

my firm *isn't* the one screwing me over, I meant

Sep 19, 06 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
binary

that's why i work for myself..... i worked 40 hours and brought home about 600 on 22 on hour......you do the math......... so i put myself back into marketing my models/design work.....

if you have to pay over 1000 a year in taxes if self employed, they require you to file every 3 months and pay...... fcuk that.... they will get what i owe them on the 14th of april and that's that..... i dont get no extra on interest when i over paid the government and received a return......

on a side note, my friend is in iraq and he sent a message stating that if we were to send anything, to send him canned food since the food they eat is assss military food..... sort of sad when the government dont feed there military correctly........... but then again, it the u.s. what do you expect

Sep 19, 06 9:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: