Archinect
anchor

Where are my @#$Q%! Hours? IDP 1,2,or 3.0?

MysteryMan
  • Question:  Did I just miss something?  Wasn't my Work Experience supposed to roll over into this new IDP 2.0 thing?  After I completed all the req'ts to get my Work Experience submitted before the new IDP sytem of July 1, 2010, I finished with IDP.  Nothing else is required of me, I'm done.  However, it seems that I've been robbed.
  • Maybe it's just me, but since I spent an unGawd-ly amount of time getting all my work esperience submitted before the last go around w/ IDP (eEVR in 2010),so  I should have all my work experience showing up on my NCARB account.  However, it looks like everything's GONE.  Has NCARB pulled one ove on us (again) & decided that they have no respect for us complying with Work Exp reporting. 
  • If so, then I'm out of the business of ever caring what NCARB or any State Board thinks.  I've worked long & hard for too long to have my Work Experience just erased by an arbitrary thing called IDP 2.0.  I already did the work as req'd before the July 1, 2010 change, so because of that, I've been done with any IDP b.s. for a couple of years already.

I hope that I'm wrong abt losing all of my Work Experience, but if I'm not, then I'll say F-OFF Architecture.  I'm doing my own thing. 

Apr 8, 12 11:03 pm
marmkid

if you already had the hours complete on record, I cant imagine they would now be erasing approved hours

Did you talk to anyone there?

Apr 9, 12 12:51 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

That was my thought exactly.  I only found out over the weekend & didn't call today.  Hope it's just a mis-understanding on my part, but I am concerned.

Apr 9, 12 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I would sit tight for the moment and let things settle out - I just looked at my record and it appears that my address has reverted back to one that hasn't been used by NCARB since 2008.

Apr 9, 12 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
marmkid

if the hours were already accepted, you really shouldnt have any issues beyond waiting it out.  I would give them a call or shoot over an email to make sure its on the record though, just to make sure that a computer error doesnt end up losing you anything that just becomes a huge pain to get back

Apr 10, 12 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: