Archinect
anchor

Another grad school post...blah blah blah

sloring

I just graduted in May from Kansas State University with my B.Arch, which is constantly ranked in the top 10 undergrad schools according to Design Intelligence. Anyways, I now live in NYC and every week I think more and more about attending grad school someday. My question to you guys, especially those who have a B.Arch, is how long you have typically waited before going to grad school, and what are some schools that have good post-professional grad schools? I have been checking out UVA recently, as well as the usual east coast schools, Columbia, Yale, GSD, RISD. I am still trying to figure out what exactly I would like to specialize my degree in, but I have taken an interest in UVA's digital technologies program, as it was a major focus of my final year of undergrad [my professor got his masters at UVA, so it makes sense]. If I were to decide on a state school, I think it would make sense to try and establish residency in one form or another before I applied, but most good grad programs seem to be private. So yeah.

Sep 16, 06 5:07 pm
TED
"I am still trying to figure out what exactly I would like to specialize my degree in,"

i think you just answered your own question......you will know when its time.

Sep 16, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

Consider attending either the Architecture Career Expo on September 30 at the University of Maryland to meet with over 25 colleges that offer programs in architecture or the New England Career Day in Boston, MA on Saturday, October 28. Check out www.acsa-arch.org and www.architects.org/careerday

Sep 17, 06 6:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: