Archinect
anchor

openGL interceptor

evilplatypus

Has anyone successfully been able to use the ogle plugin to strip 3d data out of google earth? Some one posted a link to the ogle page a week ago and I've had a terrible time getting an object file out of it.

Sep 2, 06 7:52 pm
Cherith Cutestory

bump.

seriously though, there are people who have gotten this to work, sadly i am not one of them:

http://www.becausewecan.org/node/143
http://grzeg.livejournal.com/41190.html

if anyone has any insight on how to do this, it would save me days of pointless background site modeling.

May 29, 08 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

well ive got it to work - but it took a long ass time. My models are like 75mb and hardly useable in anything except blender, When I export them to DXF they have thousands of faces all mangled - but they look great in blender

Its very tedious and you have to follow the code exactly -

May 29, 08 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

ya - that guys link is correct - follow those instructions - theres some more code tweaking to do get it out of blender - I really dont get blender but enough to open it up.

When u do get the obj file, open in blender - the obj file is placed into your google earth program folder

zoom in - way in - erase the flat plains - those are like the text sprites and ground images - down deep inside will be the 3d data

May 29, 08 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

May 29, 08 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

hmm... i must be something wrong with the .ini file because i don't seem to be getting an .obj when i use the hot-keys i have established.

May 29, 08 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

see all the faces how they are sort of faceted and then they connect all over the place? Its not right but its a start

May 29, 08 7:47 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I dont have it on this cpu - im at home right now - but i can send you an ini file thats worked for me - its on another machine. Send me an email in the morning

May 29, 08 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

if i remember correct - at the end of the ini file code - theres some text - i dont remember if your supposed to leave it in the quote////////////// or take the /////// away -

May 29, 08 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: