Archinect
anchor

Library

C
08/24/06 10:30

lecorb - I was half joking ... it'd be cool though wouldn't it? Or we could scan everything, and then it'd be accessible to more than 1 @ a time
.. i'd scan my books if you scan yours... Espec. those El croq's and other pricey glossies.....Anyone else up for it?

todd_ufl 08/24/06 12:12

c - good idea

FrankLloydMike

Total Entries: 30
Total Comments: 327

08/24/06 13:32

shit. that is a good idea. i've got a few books scanned on my computer from my old work/study job (scanning books into my computer, than transfering them to my professor's)

bucku

Total Entries: 5
Total Comments: 88

08/24/06 13:35

i believe that is called...illegal.

frankllyodwrong

Total Entries: 1
Total Comments: 56

08/24/06 13:52

what about taking a photograph of the pages... not scanning

c

Total Entries: 39
Total Comments: 148

08/24/06 14:30

officially it could be for personal use only, and just happen to have many personal users.
i guesse it'd be ideal to have all one format, but maybe there could be higher and lower res. versions of the same thing available

things would get v. interesting when someone buys a book , uploads it and returns it- i won't say i haven't photocopied & returned those books that are cheaper @ 10c. a page than if you buy them...

I heard a profesor (&writer i respect) talking about a project to make university courses availble online ... a bit like the mit coursware proj. ..., availble in their entirrety, maybe even recorded class discussion ... interesting to see which institutions ostensibly dedicated to teaching and furthering knowledge in the world blabla... backed the fck out of it...

My undergrad had a similar thing ( required ID#) for assigned reading, i downloaded much and have files of it, i printed my first copy of Delirous NY myself... it nice bc i could write all over it , and not wory about losing resell value on a $book.
I love to have nice books between the hands- obviously. I just can't afford it .
lecorb- you could upload your collection And sell them afterward they wouldn't be worth any less.... or give someone a cut rate if they want the collection and will do the scanning...
gettin all carried away here, - but i'd be willing to scan/photcopy my books - treasured ones first , like Peter Markli's approximations , a small Siza that's not available in english , Sturm der Ruhe etc.... takers?
anyone know how do deal with the legal dodges necc.?
Le corb if you prefer we can do a new thread, i don't mean to hijack yours.

Aug 24, 06 5:46 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: