Archinect
anchor

Illustrator

llll

I'm attempting to enhance a plan drawing for presentation using Illustrator. I saved the CAD drawing as a PDF and placed it into Illustrator. Is there a way to "explode" the vector lines so that I can select specific areas for the "live paint bucket" tool?

Aug 20, 06 7:55 pm
some person

Why not create an .eps from AutoCAD and open it in Photoshop? If necessary, click the "use all layers" box while using the paint bucket tool

Aug 20, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 

1) you can select them, then go to the 'Object' menu, then click 'Ungroup'. I'm not 100% sure about this one, just because I've not brought a plan into illustrator yet- I didn't discover Illustrator until I'd left school, and now I don't need it for this.

2) you can create a path over an area, then while that path is selected, go to the 'Object' menu, the 'Path' subset, then click 'Divide Objects Below'. The path you created will disappear, and the objects below it will be divided along the lines of that path.

Aug 20, 06 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
llll

YAY!!

Thanks DCA, that worked and will save some time. I'll try yours too rationalist.

Aug 20, 06 8:50 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

as long as you don't have tons of splines (that can't be selected easily), just export an r12 .dxf. lineweights will get screwed up, but you'll maintain layers, so setting proper lineweights should be a snap.

Aug 20, 06 11:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: