Archinect
anchor

Oh the horror, OSU is ranked above USC in the AP polls!

brian buchalski

personally, i enjoy the uncertainty of the bcs...i just don't like how it fucks up the assorted traditions of college football for what is still a mythical national championship. for all the politic-ing about who should be number 2, it's not going to matter if ohio state wins one more game. and that exactly the same as the old, pre-bcs bowl system, i.e., ohio state would have played southern california in the rose bowl and provided they won that game to finish undefeated then there would have been no debate about who is #1.

damn gators? honestly, florida is a shit team that doesn't even deserve to play a 2-loss notre dame, let alone a osu, usc, or michigan.

Dec 3, 06 1:16 am  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i was at the UCLA-USC game today...completely insane.

my vote is a michigan vs ohio state rematch.

Dec 3, 06 1:41 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'd like to see a notre dame vs ohio state rematch

Dec 3, 06 1:51 am  · 
 · 
trace™

"damn gators? honestly, florida is a shit team that doesn't even deserve to play a 2-loss notre dame, let alone a osu, usc, or michigan"

funny how they keep winning, eh?

Uf and winning on the same day. Very cool.

Dec 3, 06 9:46 am  · 
 · 

broccolijet, I was there as well. 24H, row 20, how about you? I tend to agree at the moment (my feelings on it change from day to day), because it could potentially result in a split title and a scrapping of the BCS.

Dec 3, 06 10:50 am  · 
 · 
DEVicox

FLORIDA!

fuck the Big Ten... easy-ass schedules.

Dec 3, 06 11:26 am  · 
 · 
DEVicox

puddles. you're an idiot.

Dec 3, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

New scenario: Award OSU the national championship, and then have Florida and Michigan play to determine which conference actually was overrated. I mean jeezus, if logic were to intrude on this fucked up BCS bullshittery, it would be BOISE STATE playing OSU on January 8th.

Dec 3, 06 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

brady quinn, by himself, could beat florida's tag team quarterbacks. in fact he could likely defeat the whole gator's team by himself.

football strength tends to go in cycles and right now the southern brand of football is hurting bad. sure a decade ago florida, fsu, & miami were exceptional but these days being the state champ down there is not synonymous with national champion quality football. moreover, national consensus clearly suggests that the middle west clearly has the most football talent this year and being the state champ of indiana (the fighting irish, purdue, and even the hoosiers) is more impressive than anything south of the ohio river.

Dec 3, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Actually, Wisconsin deserves some credit too. They are probably going to get the shaft because they are only the 3rd best team in the Big Ten.

Dec 3, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i loved when quinn hungup the phone on his coaches after that touchdown drive versus usc. notre dame is not in indiana...

Dec 3, 06 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

clearly

Dec 3, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
hotsies

isnt notre dame in south bend, indiana?

Dec 3, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Right between South Bend and Mishawaka

Dec 3, 06 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

per espn, the spread in vegas is michigan -6 florida +6. never thought i would say this but...

go buckeyes!

Dec 3, 06 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i don't remember the section exactly, but we were 10 rows up from the southern 20 yard line in the UCLA alumni section. got some friends whose parents are alums and couldn't make the game. we gladly obliged!

Dec 3, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i am pleased to announce that no students were tased last night after the victory.

Dec 3, 06 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

notre dame is in indiana but aint an indiana school. its an elitist private stuck the butt up school and they are gonna get wiped in basketball by i.u. and purdue. oh wait they don't play those indiana schools this year. they did destroy the branch campus from fort wayne though. tough schedule and butler beat em in the nit. but then butler beat everyone huh...

Dec 3, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 

ACfA- I was wondering, since we saw the riot police manning the sideline through most of the fourth quarter.

Brocolli- you had much better seats than I did. I sat just up and to one side of the USC band.

Dec 3, 06 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

perhaps no one got tased, but i know i gave water to 3 different people who'd gotten maced/pepper-sprayed. even Ponch and Jon were on the scene trying to pacify the hooligans.

the best was watching a 145 lb volunteer security kid try to keep like 30 drunk people from getting on the field. has to be the most exciting college game i've ever been to.

good times!

Dec 4, 06 2:22 am  · 
 · 
Dec 4, 06 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

vs.

should be good

as well as michigan/usc

Dec 4, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

T-15 minutes to kickoff ..

Jan 8, 07 8:00 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

yeah, i effign hate the bcs. boise could take both these teams. where is the love? where is the respect? if florida beats osu, is boise state automatically no. 1?

Jan 8, 07 8:54 pm  · 
 · 

WHOA! 1 first down, 11 rushing yards?! WTF happened???

Jan 8, 07 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

yeah who knows. the bcs does seem a bit biased towards the big name schools. maybe colorado will win some games next year now that they have boise states ex-coach.

Jan 8, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 

sorry, 11 passing, 0 rushing.

Well there that goes, Troy Smith seems to be back in the game.

Jan 8, 07 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

still number one in the hearts of america...and most of the rest ot the universe too

Jan 8, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Mulholland Drive

I hate both teams...but I really want Florida to beat Ohio State so it will show how absurd it is that Boise State will be only undefeated team and yet NOT be recognized as the national champion.

Jan 8, 07 11:25 pm  · 
 · 
wilsonjd

looks like we do need a playoff system. i would've loved to have seen boise state play anyone after the fiesta bowl. no more notre dame, no more michigan. florida, ohio state, usc, & boise state, its on!

Jan 8, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I gotta tell you, I really don't care who wins or loses....but with all the hype from Ohio State fans that I have to deal with, I enjoy the hell out of watching them lose....

Jan 8, 07 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
MUUM79

done and done

Jan 8, 07 11:46 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Wisconsin is 12-1, and the only big ten team to win their bowl game. Let's give some credit to the Badgers!

Jan 9, 07 12:06 am  · 
 · 
MUUM79

well there's props for the badgers, but penn state also won their bowl game, go JoePa!

Jan 9, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 

Congrats, Florida. It's painful to say that, because I HATE Urban Meyer. He and fucking Mack Brown are the whiniest coaches in NCAA football.

Jan 9, 07 12:25 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

my bad, applause Penn!

Jan 9, 07 12:39 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yes, to all of the above. Also I hope I can wipe the smirk off my face before I see one of my OSU-Fan-coworkers tomorrow. They might punch me. These people are crazy.

Jan 9, 07 12:43 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

Boise State, 2007 National Champions. Thank God for the BCS for eliminating controversy from the old messy bowl system.

Jan 9, 07 12:54 am  · 
 · 
AP

go gators.

Jan 9, 07 1:01 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

oh .. the horror ...

Jan 9, 07 1:39 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think they've revamped the schedules and college football will be having their kickoff classic weekend on the second saturday in february. what will we do until then???

Jan 9, 07 6:27 am  · 
 · 

1st Division 1 school with simultaneous Basketball and Football championships.

go gators.

Jan 9, 07 8:05 am  · 
 · 
aquapura

Another college championship game. Another reason to lobby for a playoffs in college football.

Jan 9, 07 9:12 am  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

Now that the BCS is over for 2006, USC is ranked #1 going into the 2007 season. I can hoist up my USC flag with pride for at least the next 8 months!

Go Trojans!

BTW I have not called my former employee yet to gloat!

Jan 9, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

the only thing more obnoxious is lloyd carr's coaching ability

Jan 9, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
cpnorris

Pretty sure USC is not ranked number one. They appear to be number 4 straight across the board on espn.com. Either way the BCS has ruined another championship and I wasted 2 hours of my life watching one of the worst games in history. I guess we all have to wait until 2010 when they think they will finally have a college playoffs and they can lay the BCS to rest like it should be.

Jan 9, 07 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

florida finishes the season ranked number one and we get this!?!...oh the horror indeed.

best part is when the backup dancer rips off his pants to reveal his gator-blue skivvies...damn that's hot

Jan 25, 07 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
DEVicox

big ten sucks.
SEC is the best conference.

people should stop talking about umich, osu and notre dame.

Jan 25, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
dsc_arch

Pac Ten all of the way.

There is a so cal axiom: There is no civilization east of the I-5.

After being back in Chicago for 12 years I still have to agree.

Jan 26, 07 11:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: