Archinect
anchor

Your goals?

Jefferson

What are some of your goals within your own firms, as young architects?

Currently for me it's to become licensed and progess towards becoming a project architect.

Aug 16, 06 12:45 pm
A Center for Ants?

finish my last two weeks here w/o becoming totally lazy and to get ready to become a MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE

Aug 16, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

I want to rule the world - I mean come on - don't you?

Aug 16, 06 12:58 pm  · 
 · 

i'm 3 days away from leaving my office and starting my march. after gaining about 4 years of total office experience so far, my goal is to never return to the salary architecture job and go on my own with the few freelance clients that i have.

acfa, i feel ya on the need to combat laziness, but after a 20 work hour day last week to prepare for a meeting, i feel enititled to a little internet surfing time.

Aug 16, 06 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I want to win millions of dollars. That way, I could quit my job and practice in my leisure. Maybe architecture would become fun again.

Aug 16, 06 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

wow, cynical bunch

Aug 16, 06 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

Getting licenesed and then bailing out of architecture as my day job. I'll find a higher paying job and pick up freelance architectural work on the side.

Aug 16, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I want to save the world - don't you?

Aug 16, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I want to learn how to build one of these.

Aug 16, 06 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I want to be part of an updated Antfarm. That's all. Oh, and just enough money to not have to worry about a house and food. And guitars. I like to own guitars.

Aug 16, 06 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

to get into a grad school, so I can leave...

Aug 16, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
BLK

I want to have free internet connection

Aug 16, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

I want to be a star.

Aug 16, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

get paid. get licenced. either go to an MARCHII or start getting jobs and forcefeeding advanced geometries down people throats...less SUV's, more money for me.

Aug 16, 06 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

garpike, are you not satisfied with your current employement?

· 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

My goal is to figure out what kind of high-grade rock Gene Kelly was smoking when he decided to be in a movie with Olivia Newton-John and an E.L.O. soundtrack.

· 
Jefferson

seriously guys!!!

Aug 16, 06 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore
I want to catch a glimpse of Kim Basinger
Aug 16, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Ok, seriously ... I am trying to get two articles published this fall. A fairly modest goal.

Aug 16, 06 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Ok..seriourly..My goal is not to get fired and I want to catch a glimpse of Kim Basinger

Aug 16, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Ok..seriously..My goal is not to get fired and I want to catch a glimpse of Kim Basinger

· 
Nevermore

sorry

· 
kissy_face

I plan to get LEED certified by the end of this year, and start ARE testing in the summer. In the meantime I hope to get more CA/ project management experience. I really just want to have a more involved role in the projects that I work on. Im starting a new job soon, and hopefully I will be more than just a silent CAD monkey in the corner. Regardless, Im going to push hard on my registration goals.

Aug 16, 06 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

nevermore, stop it!

Aug 16, 06 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

:-)

Aug 16, 06 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

katze...would you happen to know kim basinger...pleasssssssse call her and i'll stop it.

Aug 16, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

n-more: just go rent a dvd- she's all plastic like most celebs and doesn't look good without makeup or good lighting.

Aug 16, 06 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

To be more efficient in my work process.

To bring more small commercial jobs into the office.

To have a successful first experience hiring someone to draft for us as a first step towards maybe hiring a full-time employee.

But that would also depend on me accomplishing goals 1 and 2.

Aug 16, 06 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

k:-)

good luck with taking the LEED test. Only take it if you are or will be coordinating the submittals/design process for a LEED project, or you want a test run before taking the AREs, and your company is a member of usgbc or will pay for the exam. You seem to have the experience where you are coordinating with consultants - the test is not about green design but handling the certification process... best luck

TKer
leed-ap

Aug 16, 06 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
maya mcdifference

i am going to columbia where i too will become a master or architecture. i will then find myself sugar daddy/jewish lawyer so that i can work on competitions all night and day. if that doesn't work out, i'll end up in a boutique where women get in for free. on the other hand, if brad pitt wants to start a practice with me, i might be willing to consider it and then dump my jewish lawyer boyfriend.

Aug 17, 06 12:19 am  · 
 · 
bUbBLe

finish the remaining ARE by the end of the year, then LEED and reproducing previous studio projects/ thesis, probably take a few extension/ night classes.. after all, a portfolio for graduate school admission..

oops.. in the firm tho, like Jefferson, progess towards becoming a project architect..

Aug 17, 06 1:29 am  · 
 · 

Jefferson, just for the record, my previously submitted answer was 100% serious.

Aug 17, 06 1:32 am  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

man..what is up with the pessimism on this thread?

Aug 17, 06 3:34 am  · 
 · 

I've got a comfortable, responsible job and I have my professional accreditation. I have a cool, modern apartment minutes from the office.

I want to record an album / write that novel.

Aug 17, 06 5:00 am  · 
 · 
steph p.

i just graduated. my goal is to get a work experience by working for a year, then get my master and <i>then</> i wanna go work at oma nl!

Aug 17, 06 7:37 am  · 
 · 
Queen Monkey

seeing that I am just a cad monkey at the moment.....i want to be a real architect, like Peter Zumthor or even H&M.....
(going through a swiss phase at the moment...they rock!)

Aug 17, 06 8:44 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

I want to be an overpaid cad monkey forever!

Aug 17, 06 8:50 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Be my own client - design, develop and sell my(our) designs.

Run successful businesses

Take a vacation

Aug 17, 06 9:26 am  · 
 · 
erasmus

screw architecture, i want to become a sugar daddy/jewish lawyer

Aug 17, 06 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
wood_

get through the first semester of march
Im already feeling homesick after moving to st louis from california two days ago.

Aug 17, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

glue- enjoy the beer!!!!

Aug 17, 06 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

finish my b.arch... will start in one day!

Aug 17, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

bigness, not entirely. I am no longer working where I used to, if that helps.

Aug 17, 06 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
LostInSpace

Treekiller - can't save the world unless you rule it.

Sorry, delayed post. I haven't been back here for awhile.

Aug 17, 06 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

why must I go on a power trip?

Aug 17, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

my goal is to have 300 comments by the end of tonight.

Aug 17, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
13aqua

Buy an old warehouse and turn it in to an architecture school that generates architects and architecture

also travel

Aug 23, 06 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
A

I want my entire desk and work area on a platform at least 4'-0" above everyone. Then when I'm at work I could look down upon all my lowly co-workers beneath me and laugh.

I have a deep sounding laugh prepared for that day.

Aug 23, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
PetePeterson

goals:

1) get through the remaining 3 hrs of my last day at this office...

2) stay alive and take some kick ass photos on the 7 day trek i'm embarking on tomorow morning.

3) kick ass in the MArch programme I'm starting in 2.5 weeks

4) form partnership with Brad Pitt

Aug 23, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
joebird

start a micro-brewery with friends from high school. practice architecture on the side.

Aug 23, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: