Archinect
anchor

Best and Worst Architecture Schools

liberty bell

AP rocks the 100th post!

Aug 4, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 
adso

Props to Smokety for posting a Chesney Bonestall image.

In space architecture, no one can hear you scream...

Aug 4, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Chesley Bonestell rocks ... I first became familiar with this work because it is featured on the cover of Shellac's Terraform:

Aug 4, 06 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

If anyone know's who is responsible for this image, it's worth 5000 points!

ps - how can you not love where this thread has gone!?!

Aug 4, 06 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i don't like where this thread has gone at all. i think space architecture is just... ....you know, whatever.

actually, this would have been the perfect thread if it had ended with archit84's post, i.e., the first comment after the initial entry. but oh shit

Aug 4, 06 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

it happened one afternoon in santa monica not long ago. people who came to farewell to their relatives were treated to party platters full of celerysticks and special dips prepared by the guy who has a mexican restaurant on the pier which was little demaged due to booster rocket engine power not all of it but mainly the part frank gehry designed in the past but didn't get paid for the design that much thinking that this was gonna be his launching pad for more fishermen's wharf type of aquarium planning and design projects. yes i was there witnessing the my worst semi rocket launching experience realising the whole thing wasn't worth it to get my new shirt and suit dusty. other people didn't mind and because most people had their casual friday attire and didn't really care if that wasn't the proper way of dressing in an important day like this one guy was even wearing a t shirt saying space architecture sucked how rude that was on an occasion like this and kept eating the shrimp which certainly wasn't enough for everybody when i realised that i yelled "let people have more seafood god sake this is santa monica shores". impossible was done and they started to bring in more mussels and fresh sea urchins which was, i am sure, imported. i was happy and didn't care no more if my suit and tie got dusted a little bit it was indeed a historical day and architecture won. i quitely asked myself spaceship what you wanna be... zzz ..zzz..? surprise surprise because the answer was just another brick on the wall ofcourse that was thick as a brick kind of answer which was topping the chartes in united kingdom . ja ja ich bin von berliner indeed. venus she's got it...

Aug 4, 06 9:05 pm  · 
 · 

Aug 4, 06 10:41 pm  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

well put, steven, well put.

is the space architecture program accredited? is it more of an engineering program?

did the little prince have a house?? i guess he pre-dated space architecture.

Aug 6, 06 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hi archincters. what in yours opinon is some of the best and worst archtecuture schools in space? thanks for your response.

Aug 6, 06 11:33 pm  · 
 · 
Oysters and Trifle

vado - The schools in space are totally irrelevatnt. They carry no weight.
irrelevant - The movie 2001 had that neoclassic scene at the end. That's now an archetype in the public conscousness, and I could see a black and white Bulfinch on the moon.
silverlake - The FF in space is cat's breath. If you make this your mantra for the next 12 weeks, you just might stay sane until you get your permit.
steve - my history-of-landscape-architecture professor was a nasa designer in another life. There's a story there somewhere.
I claim Pluto. It's far enough away from the hubbub to grow a bohemian community, yet not out in the burbs to be inaccessible.
Space tract names: Zappa (the other Frank). Black Hole Hurl (I'd make a TV series called BHH 90210 . . . oh, wait, I think that was done already. God, Hemet! Now, that's a good name.) God Hemet Quadrant.

Aug 7, 06 12:37 am  · 
 · 
barefoot

Catholic is pretty awful. I'm sorry I have seen their student work and also am familiar with the design build and not impressed at all.

May 21, 11 7:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: