Archinect
anchor

program for 2d plan rendering

jlxarchitect

In company, I use MColor for plan rendering, somtimes, it is PS, but it is not clear for those autocad lines. I wonder what program I should use in my private practice? Do I need to use corel draw so that I WILL Be able to keep the clearness of those vector lines?

Jul 27, 06 6:03 pm

Adobe Illustrator

Jul 27, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

FREEHAND?

Jul 27, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
cvankle

I would check out Piranesi. If they are still making it....it was a pretty interesting program, looked like it had a lot of potential but I never really put much time into it.

Jul 27, 06 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

piranesi is ok... i've seen it used to mixed results

illustrator is the way to go.

Jul 27, 06 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
James Meyer

Definately illustrator I wish I had discovered it three years ago

Jul 27, 06 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

If we are placing votes, my vote is for Illustrator.

Jul 27, 06 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

Illustrator is too expensive
Outside US, Coreldraw is much more popular. It is much cheaper also. Coreldraw functions almost equally good as combination of PS+Indesign+Illustrator

Jul 27, 06 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

however, I am using Adobe products in the office and I love it .. hic

Jul 27, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

coreldraw is really good, but the priting is always a problem.....

Jul 27, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Thank you, guys. With the quality and intergration with autocad and quality of printing, I will give illustrator a try.

Jul 28, 06 12:18 am  · 
 · 
Abhishek

Software selection is based on type of work.

1) If you want do the presentation within an hour and repetitively revising... den you should go for MCOLOR.
The fast and Good results.

2) For the Perfect and fine tuned results, one should use illustrator.

I use both of them.

Jul 9, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
brickhouse

i use my hand.
run with it.

Jul 9, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

rhinoceros 4 is like illustator and autocad combined

just add a free raster editor like paint.net artweaver or gimp

Jul 9, 07 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

Well, I agree with almost everyone else. Freehand it, or use Illustrator. Hell, try both. You can make all your stuff look like DS+R.

Jul 9, 07 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Jonas77

i think the point is to avoid illustrator because of it is cost prohibitive for at home work

besides you still need a pixel pusher and just the cad could do it alone with a pdf print driver for end result stuff

Jul 9, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 

i'm photoshop kinda guy, but illustrator works and well so do markers and a scanner. Find something free - there are a bunch out there, just make sure they can save as jpeg

Jul 9, 07 9:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: