Archinect
anchor

Where in the world is SBD?

SuperBeatledud

Quiz 1:

Where has SuperBeatledud been?

A. In Ethiopia fighting for fair trade coffee.
B. Working for Gehry Architects in L.A. as Brad Pitt's CAD Monkey.
C. Stowed away on the spaceship Discovery.
D. Eliminated in the Semi-Finals in Minneapolis of the Air Guitar World Championship Tour.

Jul 21, 06 9:14 am

those all sound too exciting:

E. Judge at the Estill County KY Mushroom Festival

Jul 21, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

F. Iditarod.

Jul 21, 06 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i gotta go with D, but then again i have Building Tech tomorrow and i am not looking forward to 6 hours in crappy chairs...

Jul 21, 06 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

god, good luck betadinesutures! Remember to keep track of your time over those six hours, and take deep breaths. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jul 21, 06 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

I select G.

Take a right at the light keep goin straight until night and the beatle you're on your own...

Jul 21, 06 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
AP

definitely G: In the Hamptons, wearing a toolbelt, pretending to be a contractor, trying desperately to hook up with stay at home Momma's.

Jul 21, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
AP

fine, too slow...H it is....although vado's G and mine aren't too far apart....

Jul 21, 06 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Thank you vado for that bit of regional-specific hilarity! And AP, your second comment is hilariously well-related! And Superduperbeatledud we have missed you around here! Love you guys all!

(I just got back from a long run and the endorphins are obviously flowing strong.)

Jul 22, 06 8:55 am  · 
 · 
bubpip

man! where did you go all these days?? please tell us, can't wait to hear.

Jul 22, 06 9:14 am  · 
 · 

big bone lick state park isn't really all that far from the estill county mushroom festival, so maybe it's E & G?

Jul 22, 06 9:24 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

hey liberty, thanks for that! let me ask you a quick question. i hate asking whether something is a problem, but i have to know what people think. i did the stair vignette and with like 9 minutes left i completely changed the solution to something that worked better and i believe solved the problem and with no stair cuts. now the problem, instead of deleting the solution i replaced, i group moved the stairs and landings outside the problem area - you know the margins where the plan just ends - well wouldn't you know it, i forgot to erase the mutha! dumb i know, but just curious to hear your thoughts on this, is it a problem??

Jul 22, 06 3:19 pm  · 
 · 

beta, i am not so sure but i think you'll be graded only based on what you put in the area where your solution suppossed to be. in that case, your better solution is going to be the one which will be graded. probably it is a common problem that people leave bits and pieces of lines and stuff around the pad.

Jul 22, 06 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks Orhan, that is what i figured too, but as i was leaving the testing center i had that sinking feeling and felt like i was losing my lunch...couldn't believe i was so stupid as to not just erase it.

Jul 22, 06 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I agree with Orhan, beta. I think anything outside the solution area is considered non-existent. I hope you passed! How many more, I know you're getting toward the end?

Jul 22, 06 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thanks bell! 1 more graphic, both structures at the end of august and then MEP...i am waiting on SP score, may have failed that one though. i panicked because my short hand notation for the site design was wrong and it screwed me up...i just finished thaddeus 3 day seminar last week and i am looking forward to the tests...hopefully if everything goes my way then october is when i will be done.

Jul 22, 06 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

i) I don't know but I heard he almost got laid this weekend so I don't even think HE cares.

*(beta, good luck!!!! I want to hear all about this exam business when you are done. damn thing is creeping up on me....)

Jul 24, 06 12:56 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

Quiz 2:

Where have YOU been?

A. Taking a nap on the toilet.
B. Brushing your teeth.
C. Using electric scissors (way to save 6 seconds!).
D. Writing "WASH ME" on dusty cars.

Jul 24, 06 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

e. banging my head on als structures 1

Jul 24, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I've been frantically emailing people because I'm so freakin' lonely while Archinect has been down.

But the last five minutes I've been catching up on the news including the fact that Paul has a new baby girl yay!

Jul 25, 06 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Quiz 3:

What are electric scissors?

Jul 25, 06 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
tman

they are scissors that ELECTRIFY the human spirit.

Jul 25, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

They are a huge time saver

Jul 26, 06 11:12 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

moving the plants away from the windows so they dot freez

Jul 26, 06 8:44 pm  · 
 · 

with Carmen Sandiego, of course (having Rockapella doing the theme music everywhere we go is the jam!)

Jul 26, 06 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud

The rumors of my death have been greatly exagerated.

Dec 3, 06 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
binary

smoke crack to lose weight.... twice a week only......

Dec 3, 06 4:21 pm  · 
 · 

are SBD the initials of an airport somewhere or what?!

; )

Dec 3, 06 6:00 pm  · 
 · 
some person
San Bernardino International Airport

Steven is so smart.

Dec 3, 06 7:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: