Archinect
anchor

Peter Cook... Christie or Lolita?

mcf1983

Lets be honest, this is the most mainstream publicity architecture has seen in some time. So how does it affect public opinion of the profession?

Jul 19, 06 8:26 am
MADianito

¿?

Jul 19, 06 9:14 am  · 
 · 

err what?
guess i am not upto date on mainstream publicity...

Jul 19, 06 9:16 am  · 
 · 
montu

Move on....nothing here to see.

Jul 19, 06 9:21 am  · 
 · 
GtHtAu.

You owe me five minutes of my life back after taking the time to read this thread and these articles.

Sorry, this couldn't matter less to the profession.

Jul 19, 06 9:37 am  · 
 · 
mcf1983

you are so important

Jul 19, 06 9:46 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I thought this was a post about Archigram .... feh

Jul 19, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 

yeh... i was totally expecting something about the archigram peter cook... who gives a sh!t about this hack... ridiculous shingle style houses in the hamptons...

so what... he was married to a former supermodel and he likes hot young chicks...

Jul 19, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

hopefully i get a hot chick and a nice practice as Peter guy...im shallow and mainstream like that...

"...dont u wish ur girlfriend was hot like his...dont u wish..."

Jul 19, 06 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

mcf1983
guess ur mixing up the Peter Cook-s
brits
americans
supermodels
superbuildings

and i reffer a nice practice as brit p.cook, and a hot chick like american p.cook

language de-constructions...great

oh sorry im keeping the thread alive?? damn wasnt my intention....

Jul 19, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

no dude, sorry, science still can't genetically compatibilize 2 egos from different architects cells...sorry, seems we will have to wait another 30 to 50 years to see that

Jul 19, 06 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
raj

what firm does p-cook work for?

Jul 19, 06 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

He seriously lists his FAMILY PEDIGREE as the SECOND SENTENCE of his firm bio... that is so ridiculously fucking tacky and just horribly new world. Ugh. My first thought though was 'Christie Brinkley married an architect?!'

Jul 19, 06 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
raj

sorry...thanks.
i'll quit trying to split my focus btwn archinect and work...and just focus on archinect!
:)

Jul 19, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

which Peter Cook is related to Dane Cook?? :-/

this is getting more and more confussing....

Jul 19, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

There are no women in his "team" and all the dudes look like smarmy contractors.

Jul 19, 06 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
more is less

this is bullshit

Jul 19, 06 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
more is less

this is not architecture

Jul 19, 06 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

Dream ur Dreamhouse dreamers...it can be anything u want!

Jul 19, 06 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

cool meta, i would have to agree with the guy at ur office... actually when i see ALLIANZ arena in Munich (Herzog deMeuron) i get a weird feeling...like watching big boobs at a quilted bra

Jul 19, 06 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
Cassiel

Actually, my fiancee's mother speaks of women's breast's architecture, but that might have to do with the fact that she works at a mammography clinic...

Jul 19, 06 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

i love women's breasts...and i also love architecture, i guess both issues interests me the most and love to analize both as much as possible.... mmhh yeah ferudian issues for sure, so what?

who do i think was bread winner?? Peter Cook (american one) or Christie?? c'mon, r u serious?? have u seen both?? easy answer, with some faces u can get a long way with other faces my god ur lucky u ever get there....

google Peter Cook and get to this discussion...

PETER COOK
PETER COOK
PETER COOK
PETER COOK

hahahhahahahaha

by the way mcf1983, adressing ur original question.... i think Brad Pitt wasn't mainstream and mediatized enough for u....also the famous interview in japanese PLAYBOY to Tadao Ando.... dude ur late to architects, pop culture and mainstream taste....
what u need an architect at SNL?? (im sure there has been someone)
i heard somewher Paris Hilton wanted to get into architecture school (hahahaha thats a lie, but we get better results also if in google we get Paris Hilton into the equation)

:D

Jul 20, 06 3:22 am  · 
 · 
mcf1983

you all crack me up. I started this thread as a joke in my studio to see how many lame asses would jump on the pretentious architecture band wagon. The Peter Cook [brinkley]/Peter Cook [archigram] thing was the joke and you all bit hard. "You owe me five minutes of my life back" "Sorry, this couldn't matter less to the profession." "I thought this was a post about Archigram .... feh" "guess i am not up to date on mainstream publicity..." "who gives a sh!t about this hack... ridiculous shingle style houses" " that is so ridiculously fucking tacky and just horribly new world. Ugh." "this is bullshit" "This is not architecture" and my laugh out loud favorite, "dude ur late to architects, pop culture and mainstream taste...." the "...." really makes the point sink in "dude." You are all so predictably boring.

GET BACK TO WORK

Jul 20, 06 8:43 am  · 
 · 
myriam

wow, that is amazingly immature. you assume anyone gives a shit what you think? Hello and welcome to the internet, idiot: if you post anything on this site, you get random responses from people wasting time. Wow, so predictable. DUH, it's the INTERNET. What did you expect?! If your standards for amusement are that low that this is your idea of a joke, then seriously dude, I feel sorry for you. What did we "bite" on? Clicking on a link and making bitchy comments? You're the one who wasted so much time making the thread in the first place. I suspect you're at the bottom of your studio, so keep workin' on it, kiddo! You'll get there if you can manage to stay off the internet! Good boy!

Jul 20, 06 9:24 am  · 
 · 
bubpip
Jul 20, 06 9:32 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

i love when the girls get mean.... its a shame i cannot see the faces and the moves... girls are the best to make u realize how idiot u are...

PETER COOK PETER COOK PETER COOK
PARIS HILTON PARIS HILTON PARIS HILTON

does anyone has any other thing to say?? anything, if u want change topic, just keep doin it in this thread i want that mcf1983 dont loose his feeling of intellectual superiority, that would be a shame...we dont want that right???, lets bring more bullsh....t

merry xmas to all

STOP WAR, NOW!

Jul 20, 06 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

two peters fucking a cook while a monkey watching?
xox george

Jul 20, 06 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
thenewold

first, Christie Brinkley still looks amazing to be in her 50s.

second, I agree totally with the others who say listing your 'pedigree' on your web site is one of the most tool-ish and snobby things anyone can do.

all I can say is at least this guy is straight up about it, most of the new york sophisticat-ocracy still feign tolerance. what a stupid country.

Jul 20, 06 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I love being predictably boring ....

Jul 20, 06 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

It is sexy being predictably boring...i know that... i am too, i like it...
actually i think is the chic-est thing to do these days....

peter cook
peter cook
peter cook
one flew over the cook-o's nest

Jul 21, 06 6:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
predictably boring
Jul 21, 06 10:12 am  · 
 · 

videos were wonderfully goofy then, vado. and certainly less boring than now. have you tried to watch one lately? ho hum.

Jul 21, 06 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

gosh.... mmhh i dunno, i kind of let this die for a couple of days, but seems is still kicking , so let me look for stuff to feed up the fire!!

Jul 23, 06 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke
rawk
Jul 23, 06 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

there is a mo better discussion @.
read # 20.
i want # 13. Elizabeth to become archinect member. boy she can write...

Jul 23, 06 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Nosy Snoop
“Pseudo - Celebrity Journalism. . . . . . . . At It’s Best !!”

grrreat site...

Jul 23, 06 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

Shit ... Avril Lavigne got married?

Jul 23, 06 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

yeah dude..... but wasnt with any Peter Cook, and Paris Hilton wasn't invited to the wedding....

Jul 24, 06 11:36 am  · 
 · 
kyll

architects are just friggin pimps man...

Jul 24, 06 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

architects make poor spouses.

Jul 24, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

well....naturally, i'd assume that a pimp would be a poor spouse indeed....yeah..

(i was kidding by the way)

and i agree. i'm an awful husband. i'm here to hook up.

Jul 24, 06 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

HAHAHA, u might find here something more interesting than the average bar fly...

i guess...

Jul 29, 06 7:38 am  · 
 · 
JerkStoreCalling

wow, everyone here is too cool. too cool for school. the first dozen posts are why, I believe, archinect is hazardous to your mental health. have some fun.

on the topic, has anyone seen the picture of this guy on the cover of GQ? i got momentary satisfaction out of trying to imagine anyone I went to school with on the cover of GQ. and am i the only one who wondered about working for this guy? sure, you would really only work on shingle-style houses, but come on - an office and site visits to the hamptons, an endless stream of just-legal hottie co-workers, and IDP credits in the timeless art of seduction, and of course, a sizable don't-tell-my-supermodel-wife-what-you-know bonus at the end of the year.

Jul 29, 06 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

Tadao Ando did the cover of japanese playboy long ago, that's what i call representing ;-)

Jul 31, 06 3:06 am  · 
 · 
JerkStoreCalling

yeah, it was in 1982. i guess his pedigree got him hooked up.

Jul 31, 06 11:15 am  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Perhaps this will garner us some more google hits...

PETER COOK is a GIANT DILDO and there is no way PARIS HILTON could get into architecture school, however BRAD PITT may have the means now that he has been chumming around with FRANK GEHRY. Also, BRITNEY SPEARS, JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT and CHRISTINA AGUILARA!!!

Jul 31, 06 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Enjoy!

Jul 31, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 

kinda funny this showed up this week:

Jul 31, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

helmut jahn was on the cover of GQ back in the early 80's...i remember seeing the cover at a convenience store while i was a starving student at IU. He looked so elegant and successful. I wanna be like him I said to myself and thus began my long journey to architectural stardom...im coming christi!!!

Jul 31, 06 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

hahahahaha.... good one vado...and ur days as starving archintect are over now??

Aug 1, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: