Archinect
anchor

Stated-funded CAD Training?

praygreg

I came across an interesting ad by a company called Robotech that offered state-funded CAD (Revit / 3DS Max / AutoCAD) training specifically for unemployed / collecting individuals.  The only catch is its only for residents of New Jersey (and of course I'm just a skip across the pond in New York City).

I looked into New York-based programs with little luck, so now I am reaching out to the Archinect community for knowledge.  Does anyone know if anything like that is going on in New York?  I am currently unemployed and currently collecting (hence why its difficult to shell out several hundred dollars for an actual course) and while I make an effort to self-teach these valuable programs, I am in need of SOME guidance/assistance.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 12, 12 9:27 am
blah

We have programs like that here in Illinois. Without it, 12 weeks of Revit training here is only about $400. Our instructor dreams in Revit. He's the Man!

Mar 12, 12 10:17 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

That is amazing, kudos to NJ and IL. Surprised NYC doesn't have one with such a large concentration of architects. If you are unable to find free training, therevitkid.blogspot.com/ is a great resource I've used along with Lynda tutorials. Lynda, I'd suggest trying to torrent as they are typically easy to find on any file sharing site. 

Mar 12, 12 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Dani Zoe

wow! I didn't realize some states funded CAD training, what other states do this?

Mar 12, 12 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: