Archinect
anchor

Dress code for internal interview?

swegin

Hello everyone. So I have an internal interview in the firm I am working for. The dress code is your typical business casual, but I was wondering should I bust out the suit or at least the tie for the interview? The firm I work at has 60 employees so I see the people that I am going to interview with on a daily basis, so I it is not like I am meeting them for the first time. Thanks in advance!

Mar 11, 12 10:13 pm
file

Conventional wisdom suggests that  you dress for the position you want to hold next. Look at the people who currently hold the position for which you are interviewing and dress in a manner similar to how a preponderance of those people dress. For example, it most of the people in that position wear a tie, then you should wear a tie to the interview.

Mar 12, 12 11:01 am  · 
 · 
ChuckDee

I would wear a conservative suit with a tie.  You're an adult and a professional, dress like one is a motto that my Grandfather gave me.  Best of luck!

Mar 12, 12 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
swegin

thanks for the input guys, you both make great points!  

Mar 12, 12 6:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: