Archinect
anchor

Photoshop Help

If I had a Dollar

Hi.
I'm using photoshop for the first time and am trying to blend 4 images together. This is what I would like to do:

http://www.entheosweb.com/photoshop/collage.asp

I tried to follow their instructions but I don't know how to get the different images on to different layers.

I know I would be better served at a graphic design site or adobe site but I don't know of any.

Can someone help me ? Thanks.

Jun 29, 06 11:38 am
Josh Emig

1)File->New to open a new file (choose the size and all of that)
2) Open the three files you want to use in photoshop.
3) Click and drag them onto the blank canvas of the new file -- they will each be on a separate layer
4) Use the orginal background layer for background as in the tutorial.

Jun 29, 06 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
Josh Emig

Oh, use the "Move Tool" when you drag. If you don't know which tool is the move tool, just type V.

Jun 29, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

sigh....

go to the first open image.
ctrl-a to select all
ctrl-c to copy
go to your blank new document or create one of appropriate dimensions
ctrl-v to paste (and it should paste onto a new layer)

rinse and repeat.

if it doesn't paste to a new layer, go to the layer pulldown menu and select "new".

Jun 29, 06 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
If I had a Dollar

don't sigh at me acfa.

I figured it out.

The reason that it wouldn't go into my new file was that the background was locked and I had to change the layer name to unlock it.

thanks for the help everyone.

Jun 29, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 

creating a new layer is usually better than using the background- the background doesn't allow for transparency (which you'll need to do this).

Jun 29, 06 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

You gotta open the layers palette.
Also you can drag and drop images from other files into your working file and they automatically will be on new layers... lol.

Jun 29, 06 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: