Archinect
anchor

express tools for aCAD 2004?

MArch n' unemployed

does anyone know where i can get the express tools for autoCAD 2004? i have a bootlegged copy of the software but im having a hard time working without pick freeze and the rest of the express tools.
does anyone know of a website where i can download them...or even buy them.

if not, would people recommend buying a 1-yr license of 2006 or 2007? i just made a $2k investment in a laptop and it would seem that an additional $150 for '06 or '07 [academicsuperstore.com] would be a wise investment as well.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Jun 27, 06 4:26 pm

express tools is universal to all versions of autocad.

there is no installation reuired. find somebody that has it. copy their "express" folder (and a few other files i forget) and you should be able drag drop and load the tools.

the "other files" you may need to do some research to find. our IT guy did this for my laptop and it works fine.

Jun 27, 06 6:27 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

not true. i have the express tools for 2000 and they don't work.

from autodesk's website:

Will the AutoCAD Express Tools I purchased on the Autodesk store work with AutoCAD 2004 or any 2004-based product?
No. There has been a technology (compiler) update to AutoCAD 2004 which prohibits the installation of AutoCAD Express Tools on any AutoCAD 2004-based product. However, a compatible version of AutoCAD Express Tools has been added to the AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD 2004-based product CDs for your convenience. The AutoCAD Express Tools product currently available for purchase on the Autodesk Store is compatible only with AutoCAD® 2000/2000i/2002-based products.

Jun 27, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 

hmmm. 2004 is the version i have on my laptop, and i just copy and dropped from someone else's machine. perhaps it was a newer version (2006) of express tools that was compatible with my older (2004)? i honestly don't remember.

i would just say find someone with 2004 express tools loaded on their machine and burn the 'express' folder onto a disc. you need some 'other files" copied into your support folder as well.

Jun 27, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

yeah i thought it was strange too...like you, i thought they were universal.
and its not that i couldn't find someone with '04 express tools...but it'll be difficult. i wonder if i should just buy a 1-yr license of a legit copy of '06 or '07. part of me doesn't want to load the new computer with bootlegged software. i don't know.

i use '04 at work, do you dot, or anyone else know the major difference between '04 and '06-07? think its worth buying for $150?

Jun 27, 06 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
postal

express tools come with '04 and later, it's a seperate install, check your cd, it should be in a folder called express (if i remember correctly)

06 and later is only more useful to firm really with all of it's scheduling additions... not needed for studio projects...

Jun 27, 06 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
MArch n' unemployed

i just don't have the orginal disc...its a bootleg.

Jun 28, 06 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

When you install it you are asked which components you want to install Express tools is one component that has to be selected. Do a repair and you can install it that way.
It is on the same disk, its integral.

Jun 28, 06 1:42 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

Lord - correct. no express tool available in LT without buying a third party application by AN Other.

Jun 28, 06 7:21 am  · 
 · 
cf

As Lord said:
If you have a complete 2004 bootleg disk, you have Express.

1. Insert AutoCAD cd
2. Click INSTALL
3. Step 5- Install Supplemental Tools
Click AutoCAD Express Tools

Jun 28, 06 9:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: