Archinect
anchor

ft|worth

ryan8978

i am new to the fort worth area and i was wondering if there were any good design oriented architecture firms out here.

Jun 26, 06 6:05 pm
assbackward

Fort Worth represent! I grew up there, but all my experience with architecture firms is in Denver. I know two architects there, Ames Fender and Roger Dobbins, but I don't know their work very well, or what their offices are like. Perhaps ochona could help you out. I think he/she's in Fort Worth. You might try posting on the Fort Worth Forum also:
link. There are many architects who post there with some regularity.

My former boss in Denver went to grad school at UTA, and worked in the summer for an architect on the west side of Fort Worth. I think that guy's been dead for years, though, and I can't remember his name.

Jun 26, 06 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
moratto

I have some friends that work in Dallas. They are big corporate firms if that is what you are looking for.

HKS
Corbin
Perkins and Will
...just a few off the top of my head

Jun 26, 06 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

local firms...

GideonToal
Huckabee
CMA
Komatsu
Quorum
VLK

Jun 27, 06 12:32 am  · 
 · 
ryan8978

i am looking for smaller firms...also, i grew up in denver, who are you working with out there? I had an internship at Davis for awhile and I worked on some of the new Denver Art Museum stuff.

Jun 27, 06 10:04 am  · 
 · 
juan moment
Mark Gunderson
Jun 27, 06 10:15 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

I've had a couple internships with GideonToal

Jun 27, 06 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
assbackward

Oh. I know you! You came to my birthday party last year, right? I was also at Davis. Small, small world. Hint: my screen name is my initials.

Jun 27, 06 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

i don't remember going to any birthday parties

Jun 27, 06 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

where you friends with the russian chicks?

Jun 27, 06 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
assbackward

no, not you, ryan8978. Did you also work at Davis, re6el9uy10?

Jun 27, 06 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
assbackward

What I meant was that I think I know ryan8978.

Jun 27, 06 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

no, GideonToal

Jun 27, 06 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
ryan8978

andrew? so if you aren't at davis anymore where are you?

Jun 29, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: