Archinect
anchor

Detroit Vacuum Forming

Does anyone know of a good vacuum forming company in the Detroit area that would be willing to do a one-of piece. I have a 30"x30" tool that I want to vacuum form 1/8" acrylic over. Most of the places I have contacted are large production businesses that require reconfiguring their machines to do a single piece (making it very expensive). Maybe someone here knows of a 'mom and pop' type place that simply has an oven and vacuum for table? Thanks!

Jun 20, 06 2:53 pm
MMatt

It might be worth it to have it done elsewhere and shipped to Detroit? The cost to ship from LA to Detroit is still way cheaper than going through a large production house in Detroit, right?

.mm

Jun 20, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
anza

i know they have one at the university of michigan architecture college wood shop (on north campus)... it's free to architecture students... surely if you befriend an architecture student you should be able to get it done for free...

Jun 20, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
anza

i know they have one at the university of michigan architecture college wood shop (on north campus)... it's free to architecture students... surely if you befriend an architecture student you should be able to get it done for free...

Jun 20, 06 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
khmay

go to the tcaup shop

Jun 20, 06 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: