Archinect
anchor

A jihad against bad design would be acceptable

BOTS

I see from the Oz news that even Architects seem to be getting in on the holy war.

link

Jun 19, 06 3:55 am
upside

found guilty....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1666343.htm

Jun 19, 06 4:13 am  · 
 · 
trace™

if there was a jihad against bad design that'd put 90% of all architects out of jobs ;-). Then, the remaining ones would kill eachother arguing over what is 'good'.

Jun 19, 06 8:09 am  · 
 · 
doberman

anyways, would should get stoned to death first??

Jun 19, 06 8:32 am  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Apparently someone who is capable of mass homicide is also capable of lying to his father. Go figure

Jun 19, 06 9:12 am  · 
 · 
cf

There is no need for violence.
The Department of Standardization is working with your hard earned dues in the spirit of goodwill to the world at large to standardize and architecturalize the standard, this by our rightful power to standardize in will in the service of a standardized mankind.
Celebrate our duty by manifestation of our humble power to standardize, In This, By This!!!

Jun 19, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i think you don't mean a jihad... how about a design fatwa against bad design?

Jun 19, 06 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I know I've posted about this before, but back in the mid-80s there was a rogue student group calling themselves Architecture Jihad who would do things like glue huge posters that said "THIS IS UGLY" on construction sites and even, I believe, finished buildings.

Jun 19, 06 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

those vandals glued one of those on my back. NOT funny!!!

Jun 20, 06 12:05 am  · 
 · 
upside

after gate crashing our state architectural awards for the second year running (and getting very pissed courtesy of the association) I've decided to set up an anti-awards, the golden raspberries of architecture, and man, there are plenty of targets going up at the moment

Jun 20, 06 3:51 am  · 
 · 
The Job Captain

jiha-a-a-ad!

Jun 20, 06 10:14 am  · 
 · 
dibster

and CAD is a weapon of mass destruction.

Jun 22, 06 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: