Archinect
anchor

is there san francisco / seattle architecture guide?

cj w.

hi,

I am gonna be touring San Francisco and Seattle in the coming weeks... does anyone know if there is an online guide for architectural sites to visit in these cities?

I know the De young museum in golden gate park, as well as Seattle LIbrary by OMA would definitely stand out on the list, but im sure there are some more out there? perhaps some of the hidden and unknown avant garde as well as the classic architecture?

Would appreciate all your insights / suggestions / recommendations! perhaps those staying in Seattle and SFO would know more?

A big thank you in advance!

Jun 19, 06 12:58 am
morfo

Just find the San Francisco Federal Building by mOrphosis. However it's still under construction.
http://www.morphosis.net/morph.html

Jun 20, 06 1:34 am  · 
 · 
tc79

I don't know about Seattle, but try to find a copy of "The Guide to Architecture in San Francisco and Northern California", published by Gibbs Smith. My copy was published in 1985. Hopefully it's been updated.

Jun 20, 06 7:06 am  · 
 · 
coquette

check out the "Seattle vacation" thread, here, from a few weeks back.

Jun 20, 06 10:22 am  · 
 · 
cj w.

hi morfo, irishtom, and tektrix,

thanks for all your posts! will sure check your recommendations!

meanwhile, if anyone out there got some suggestions i surely welcome them! :)

Jun 20, 06 9:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: