Archinect
anchor

Damn those speedy Geisha

Hasselhoff

I was in Gion yesterday, land of the geisha. They start coming out around 6 or so and are quite speedy. I think they try to hide from the camera of stupid tourists. So this has been heavily processed in Photoshop. The original is almost black. I had just taken a bright photo and she popped out of no where so I just shot.

Jun 18, 06 7:44 am
sporadic supernova

very cool mate ..

its like living out the movie !!

Jun 18, 06 9:11 am  · 
 · 
Becker

cool. nice getting the traditional looking roofs in the background.

Jun 18, 06 10:47 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

It's almost a good picture. That lantern growing out of her head isn't so good, and the exposure just isn't good. MIght have to try again later. I love going to Kyoto anyway. It's funny, the other American interns are busy spending their weekends looking at architecture. I'm off drinking coffee in cafes, wandering the streets, going in video arcades, eating, playing guitar and going to shows. I haven't gone to a single building yet. I'm a bad architect. But I saw all that stuff last year. There is more, of course, but I don't feel the burn to look right now. I'm just enjoying living in Japan. I mean, I even ask the locals, "What should I see?" The answers are always things that I've already seen. But this is actually why I wanted to come back. To not be a tourist, but to just be here. I might go back to Kyomizudera next time I go to Kyoto. I need to stock up on incense. Oh wait, I lied, I went to Himeji castle. But I'm still a bad student of architecture. I've mostly been people watching. Hmmm, I did almost go for my masters in Anthropolgy... haha.

Jun 18, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

could we please get some pics of the girls in their school uniforms. we are counting on you hasselhoff!!!

Jun 18, 06 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

pervert. they are like 15.

Jun 18, 06 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jun 18, 06 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Not all the girls in uniform are actually in school.

Jun 18, 06 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

I should have also said, if you're looking for Kiyamachi bar/club reccomendations, let me know.

Jun 18, 06 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

hey stop with the cute kids in short skirts requests. i have 2 daughters who will be joining their ranks soon enough!

used to love the short skirt uniforms, now they just worry me...

;-(

funny enough my mother in law dresses up in kimono's all the time. she even has a licence for it (you wouldn't think one is required, but there you go). She used to do traditional dance twice a week so have a gazillion shots of her dancing in her 150 year old (and beautiful) home...but last year she took up hula dancing and the pics have turned a bit surreal....

Jun 18, 06 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

now thats wierd...

Jun 18, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

Hasselhoff, Do NOT try any of your photography stunts with these guys...and come home safely

Jun 19, 06 3:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: