Archinect
anchor

Where does an architect shop in NYC

ssimon82

So I'm visiting NYC from San Francisco and have the afternoon to myself. I'm looking for suggestions for any cool 'design-y' shops to visit. Anything really from clothes to housewares furniture accessories, anything. Where do you like to go for cool stuff?

I'm going to head out now, so thanks in advance... I'll read your suggestions on my phone and update you all tomorrow if I find anything particularly great.

Thanks,
Stephen.

Jun 12, 06 12:55 pm
misterTT

try the comme des garcons, carlos miele and alaxender mcqueen stores in chelsea/SoHo for amazing blobby design merit, and of course you've got to go to OMA's Prada flagship.

in terms of gadgets, the MoMa design store opposite MoMa is pretty cool. also, the new Apple store on 57th(?) is an engineering marvel, which of course has lots of goodies inside.

if you go to amazon.com and look for "cool shops new york,"
then preview the table of contents page, those are a bunch of the wierdest/coolest designed stores around, and most have good wares as well.

Jun 12, 06 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
baker
http://www.mossonline.com/

greene street at houston, soho

Jun 12, 06 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
Christopher Connock
super future

this should help

Jun 12, 06 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
liberaceisdead

Gristedes, Duane Reede.

Jun 14, 06 8:59 am  · 
 · 
phuyaké

liberaceisdead you forgot Conways

Jun 14, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

do you remember a song from the mid 90's....about shopping at conways?

34th and broadway, going to conway, woh oh

Jun 15, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
Devol1

Now this isn't shopping advice, but if you're going to be in SoHo (and as everyone else above said, you should be there!) you need to go to Cafe Havana...its on the NW corner of Prince + Elizabeth (a couple blocks east of broadway)...best cuban food you'll have...don't miss the roast corn...if the line is too long to get a seat...and it often is, there's a little carry out place just north on Elizabeth...

enjoy

Jun 16, 06 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: