Archinect
anchor

Architecture

b3tadine[sutures]

Curious to hear what you people thought of Architecture magazine's new format. It seems like they have something there. I like the issue oriented publication, let's just hope they can keep it from be Dwelled to death with advertising. The first issue is on Reuse.

Jun 9, 06 7:40 pm

i'm diggin' it so far. i'm like you: hope they can keep it going at the same level or better.

Jun 9, 06 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

just saw it when i got to the office this morning. looks good so far. nice topic, too.

Jun 12, 06 11:40 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

can anyone help me find Architecture's website? I thought it was architecturemag.com, but that sends me to something quite different, and so far Google and Amazon searches have been less than helpful. Thanks!

Dec 28, 06 11:09 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

we got one in the office, but not sure which is the latest issue! I noticed the different format. If it's the same mag we're talking about here...I found it rather thin.

Dec 28, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
atsama

I am having similar trouble! i think architecture magazine..has disappeared! i was loving the new format, and now this new magazine "Architect" has appeared in my mailbox, and thats where the link www.architecturemag.com takes me now....what happened to ARCHITECTURE???? anyone know?

Dec 28, 06 11:11 am  · 
 · 
FrankLloydMike

are you serious? that thing (based solely from the website) looks like a piece of shit. I was really excited, based on the new format I saw at the office where I interned this summer, to start a subscription. aww fucks!

Dec 28, 06 11:14 am  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

Atsama is absolutely right....that's my thoughts exactly. As I read the publication (cause I didnt recognize it at first) I came to discover that it was replacing ARCHITECTURE magazine.

Still dont know if it will fly, to be honest. Sorta like those low budget publications out here in California like arcCA LA or LA Architect. Kind of skimpy.

Dec 28, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 
atsama

after circulating a group email around my office i was informed that in fact, architecture mag was bought by this new publication company and now its called architect. new editors, everything. they bought all the subscriptions. apparnelty in the issue before this one, there was an editors note. i moved apts, so i think my issue got lost in the mail. im so disappointed. i havent read this new one yet, but i was really a big fan of the old one! i dont even get record, b/c i dont like it, and now, i have a feeling im going to be sad. what other publications do you guys like? im also a fan of metropolis...but thats more general design.

Dec 29, 06 11:23 am  · 
 · 
rob(E)

atsama- im a big fan of Praxis

Dec 29, 06 11:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: