Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles - Small Lot Subdivision HELP

pescador

If you practice in LA and have a Small Lot Subdivision project in the works (either on the boards or in plan check) please contact me.

There is a group of architects and developers who have had projects sail through plan check only to be stopped at the 11:59th hour by LADBS for technicalities intrinsic to the small lot ordinance (issues related to mapping and unprotected openings).

Please email me to discuss in greater detail.

thank you,

gregory fischer
[email protected]

Jun 9, 06 7:23 pm
citizen

I'm not working on such a project at the moment, but am very interested in this situation. All the city's good intentions at the policy level can be dashed by 1) badly written regulation, 2) untrained plan-checkers, or 3) both.

I'm writing a thesis on multi-family housing in Los Angeles, and think such problems (and, hopefully, their solutions) would make a good article.

Jun 11, 06 11:06 am  · 
 · 
frankencense

Fischer--have you seen this?

Jun 11, 06 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
asgreinc

I am a developer and RE broker in the Los Angeles area currently working on small lot subdivision projects. I currently have one 10 unit project near Culver City (tract map phase) and have a couple of other lots under negotiation.

my strength is from the financial side of this and I would enjoy some discussion from the other side of the fence (design side). I look forward to hearing form you.

-allan
[email protected]

Jun 22, 06 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
trojanarch

I was curious about Small Lot Subdivision so I did a bit of researches and found a firm called Modative in LA that has done a few of these types of projects.They seem to know how the process works.

Here's a link to their info on Small Lot Subdivision

Jan 7, 09 5:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: