Archinect
anchor

Convention day one

A Center for Ants?

was at the convention for honor awards (got to dress up and go on stage) so that was fun. champagne and strawberries are never bad.

was on the exhibition floor for about an hour and felt like a dying animal with buzzards / reps flocking around and pecking at me.

though i did find a rep that might prove to be very useful on the project. maybe passed some of you guys by w/o realizing. anyone else enjoying the june gloom?

Jun 9, 06 2:36 am

i was the "gazebo guard" at the bottom of the exit stairs. had a black aia shirt on.

my friend worked the "vip" entry at the party and told me there were architecture groupies. no kidding. he had to push away a group of people who wanted to network with thom mayne. yuck.

the patrons were also about to start a revolt bc they ran out of food around 9pm. I had an old guy yell at me like i had anything to do with it (or cared for that matter). the only redeeming incident was seeing my old boss cut a rug with all the young women on the dance floor.

overall, however, thumbs down for architecture parties.

Jun 9, 06 2:19 pm  · 
 · 

Overall highlight of the convention, Bill McDonough lecture last night.

Press highlight: Eric Moss and Stefanos Polyzoides squaring off.

Technical highlight: Google Earth + SketchUp.

Jun 11, 06 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: