Archinect
anchor

Salary in rendering

Han

Recently I got a side work in 3d studio. How much do you think I should charge for a basic rendering like that when give all the plans and a list of finishes? Its a small interior design company - so all the renderings would be high end condo interiors. Typically for each project we produced 1 of each of theses: bathroom, kitchen, living room and lobby.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Jun 6, 06 1:35 am
trace™

Where are you? Location plays a big role in fees.

How good are you? Quality is the largest difference.

Jun 6, 06 8:36 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Location is key. I bill hourly. That includes a reduced fee for rendering time. This also includes any custom modeling of faucet sets, furniture, ect... If they want photo-realism, they'll pay for it.

If you bill per job, they'll end up making 100 changes at the end and it's not worth your time.

Jun 6, 06 11:52 am  · 
 · 
link
Jun 6, 06 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Han

thanks for advice.
I just plan to ask for &800-1500/per image, roughly. Doubt if my cilent will take it. There is a sample of my works as follows.

Jun 7, 06 5:21 am  · 
 · 
trace™

that's your rendering? really? if it really is, then nice job. The reason I ask is while I've seen and done tons with nice ambient lighting, I have never, ever, seen an arch viz image where someone added dirt to the bottoms of the vases, changed the colors towards the top, etc.

price, as mentioned above, is going to be dependent on location. If you really know what you are doing, then you know how long it takes. Multiply that by what you think a good hourly rate is and you've got your number.

$1500 can be cheap or expensive, depending on what you get.

If you post where you are (I am skeptical as why you haven't) and more images, you will get a better response.

Lastly, you decide what you get paid, not your client. If he's already a client, then he should have an idea, if hes' a prospective client, then you tell him what you want, not ask. Bargain, if you want, but don't ask. Nobody wants to pay anyone, if they can help it.

Jun 7, 06 8:10 am  · 
 · 
remonio

Nice rendering. How much of it is evermotion stock though? I'm just asking because it's not very often that a client's furniture and lighting specs are all found from stock models so you'll have to adjust pricing based on the complexity of the project too. The lighting and materials are great.
I agree with trace regarding how relative pricing gets with regards to location, your skill and your client etc.

Jun 7, 06 9:24 am  · 
 · 
remonio

This has nothing to do with pricing but I just wanted to add that I personally don't like 3-point perspectives on images (like your sample rendering) unless its a detail shot . The lighting is great though.

Jun 7, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

han, thas tight!

how many hours did that take?

Jun 8, 06 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Yeah, nice work.

I hate stock furniture tho'... I feel like I see the same sofas, tracks and vases everywhere.

Jun 8, 06 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

oh and Post a wireframe when you post a rendering!!! tee hee OmG LoL JuSt SEw We KNoW iTs ReAlLy yOuR WErK!~!~!~!~!~~~```!!!1111eleven!1!1!

Jun 8, 06 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Han

Thanks for every comment. I'm living in Toronto right now. I'm looking forward to communicate with you guys who's interested in Virtual architecture.

My Messenger is [email protected]

there is another image rendered in Cartoon style.

Jun 8, 06 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
remonio

That looks cool Han. Now that's where a 3-point perspective works well.

trace: Where are you based?

Jun 8, 06 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

USofA

I think prices are pretty consistent across the United States. There are huge variations in cost, of course, depending on the scale of the project, details, turnarounds, etc.

So, Han, you gonna post a wireframe?

Jun 8, 06 8:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: