Archinect
anchor

AIA Convention in LA...

citizen

I'm curious: will any Archinecters be attending? If so, which sessions are you interested in, if any?

Jun 1, 06 9:33 pm
Alan Loomis

I'll be there, attending "Leadership through Design" "Preservation & Smart Growth" "LA Now / LA Next" and a bunch of parties.

Jun 1, 06 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm not gonna make it this year, maybe next year.

anybody know where '007 is gonna be held? i'm hoping it will be somewhere cool this time, like reykavík.

Jun 1, 06 9:45 pm  · 
 · 

I am volunteering at the World Party/Awards ceremony on Thursday evening. The benefits of that is free booze and a free pass to the exposition floor.

Jun 1, 06 9:52 pm  · 
 · 

where are the hot parties? i have all points pass.

Jun 1, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Archinect is co-sponsoring the 2x8:Swell exhibition which is happening during the convention at the very cool Gas Company Loft building near the convention center. It'll be kicking off with a big party/fundraiser on Saturday night, June 10th from 6-9, with DJ's and cocktails.

"The 2x8 is an annual exhibition sponsored by the AIA/LA, showcasing exemplary student work from architecture and design institutions throughout California."

Everyone should come and rock out!

Jun 1, 06 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

Hey, that should be our archinect convention meet-up! Who's in?

Jun 1, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

yeah, we should all wear our "architecture sucks" t shirts.

Jun 2, 06 12:20 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm so sad that I can't be there. So sad.

Jun 2, 06 12:25 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

I'm leading a tour. Would that be an inappropriate venue for the "sucks" t-shirt?

Jun 2, 06 1:11 am  · 
 · 
quizzical
puddles

:The 2007 AIA National Convention will be in San Antonio, TX

Jun 2, 06 11:16 am  · 
 · 
snooker

how about 2008.....I hate to spend the kind of money just to go to a convention.....hoping it will be closer to home.

Jun 3, 06 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
justmefromla

stupid 2x8...why did it have to be so literal? if it wasn't for the size restriction, i would've been in the exhibit with a project...oh well, maybe i'll support my classmates, only because of the free booze!

Jun 4, 06 3:51 am  · 
 · 
quizzical
snooker

: I believe this is the future line-up:

2008 - Boston
2009 - San Francisco
2010 - Miami
2011 - New Orleans
2012 - Washington, DC
2013 - Denver
2014 - Chicago

Jun 4, 06 11:03 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

come to the 2x8 for free booze. i'm bringing a whole group of people. then headed maybe for the standard afterwards. feel free to join.

Jun 5, 06 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

I'll likely be there. No architecture sucks t-shirt though, I never bought one and it's a tad late now.

Jun 5, 06 6:24 pm  · 
 · 

one of adeline's best friends will be there.

Jun 5, 06 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

on the contrary: this is the ideal venue for the "Architecture Sucks."
And sans shirt, dont hesitate to DIY it with a sharpie marker and a white T-shirt.

Spotted on flickr...

Jun 6, 06 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
sq.1

wants me to share this with you.

Jun 6, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

it should be noted that, in spite of my own announcements regarding 2x8 party fashion, blogger Steven Purvis was the only archinector to show up to the 2x8 party in his Architecture Sucks apparel. Pearl Girl and I left the awards party pretty tipsy, so thank you Archinect for the wine.
Congrats kids that won prizes.

Were Mr. Petruna and Mr. Ayyuce "no-shows"?

~marlin

Jun 13, 06 3:53 am  · 
 · 

I had an important out of town event to attend. Orhan documented the convention and we'll be publishing that later today.

Jun 13, 06 10:55 am  · 
 · 

Marlin, i was way too stiff for 2x8 party after the main events in the convention hall. i do feel guilty for not going. next time 'we' must better organize covering large items like this.

Jun 13, 06 11:04 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: