Archinect
anchor

Can anyone please advise on how much I should charge for designing a resort club house?

olinova

I am a licensed interior designer with several years experience in boutique hospitality design. This is my first independent project. The club house that I would be designing is part of a boutique resort that is located on a beach. The club house is almost 3,000 sq. ft. and is already built. The building was not used for the original purpose and now it needs to be redesigned to be an upscale tropical  club house. I would be responsible for designing and researching furniture and lighting, and some finishes, overall transforming a plain Mediterranean style building into a boutique resort club house. I will be working with an architect, but I am the only designer on the team. Should I charge by the hour, per sq, ft. or just a flat fee and how much? Thank you for your help.

Feb 29, 12 10:41 pm
drums please, Fab?

$15,000

Mar 1, 12 12:40 am  · 
 · 
poop876

haha 15,000

Mar 1, 12 6:58 am  · 
 · 
noripigu

if $15,000 that's 5/per sqft.

$15,000 that would be $3750 per month should take only 4 months. that being said, just double that to 8 months because of delays.

if you work 2 hours per day, 5 days, 4 weeks, for 4 months. that comes out to be $92.5/ hour

if you are confident in yourself tell your client, your design skill should be worth $50 an hour. If you not sure 5/sq ft is safe. If this project is going to have a good budget for the interior work. Say I only want 3% of the final cost, that is the typical architecture fee.

Mar 1, 12 1:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: