Archinect
anchor

Landscape or Land-art?

headburner

I need ideas for theoretical Modern Art Museum with a substantial garden. Any good links?

May 25, 06 1:08 pm
Heather Ring

Sure ... there are so many ...

Getty (Laurie Olin & Robert Irwin)

link

MOMA (Ken Smith)

link

De Young (Walter Hood)

link

May 25, 06 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
AP

cool...i somehow missed that View by Mason on Ken Smith...

Walter Hood rocks.

May 25, 06 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

just keep your mind floating and you'll come up with that nuance.

May 25, 06 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

AP, walter hood is awesome... my favorite landscape architect right now... followed closely by adriaan geuze (west 8)...

have you seen the new museum that hood is doing with (former UF prof) mario gooden? i think that it was in metropolis last month...

was gooden still at UF when you were there?

May 25, 06 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
AP

ya, saw it. nice project...

never had gooden, but the class 1 yr ahead of mine did. also, we travel to charleston, sc for our "regional urbanism" studio (d6) and half of our class visited his office...I was in the other half...can't remember the architect that we visited...

May 25, 06 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
headburner

Well, I'm enjoying the works of Walter Hood and West 8. Landscape Arch was never my strong point although I applied for a scholarship at Auburn.

May 25, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
e909

mmm, current la usually omits much visual.

btw, notice the backflow just poking up in that rock courtyard in w hood's swf? (bad resolution, but the treelings look like lophomyrtus). i wonder what happened. (click on the tenth square in right nav)

May 26, 06 5:36 am  · 
 · 
e909
ideas for theoretical Modern Art Museum with a substantial garden

rip a 20'x20 mud pit, with greasy black tyre-pyre centered at bottom. toss the durable weather-resistant sculpture onto the pile.

pros:
it's space-efficient.
some of the sculptures may hybridize. that might be a con.

call me crazy now, but pay me when you get paid. :-)

May 31, 06 5:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: