Archinect
anchor

AUSTIN anyone???

bccparallax

Not to be a pain, I am moving to Austin Texas in a few months, I'll have my M.Arch in a week and am looking to work in a firm down in Austin. I would like to get to know some people in the design community or at UT and buy some rounds for them when I get down there, in return for any advice on the city, firms, or the school.

May 25, 06 7:36 am
ochona

my firm is hiring

May 25, 06 9:51 am  · 
 · 
ochona

(meant to write more)

but we need somebody yesterday. from what i know, lots of firms are hiring. it's a boomtown down here.

i would recommend that you go to www.aiaaustin.org for the want ads, but their website is acting screwy right now and asking for a username and a password. maybe try it again a little later. pretty extensive ads.

just one word: if you go to an interview, be prepared to start quickly, our firm has turned down people who were 1-2 months out from moving to austin.

May 25, 06 9:59 am  · 
 · 
bccparallax

Sorry to keep this going when it is so specific and so self serving. Anyone know of any job leads for intern arcitects in Austin? I have been interviewing consistently since I got out here but nothing has really come up where I was what they were looking for, (think no expeience but M. Arch) I know about aia ausitn and such but was curious if anyone knew of anything more specifically. Thanks for the help.

Sep 24, 06 3:51 am  · 
 · 
joe

just browse the job ads here and find ever firm in austin... do the go down the list routine, do some research about them and send off. pretty mundane, but at this point sounds like you are really wanting something, so just get your foot in the door. get in touch with the professors in austin, and back at scad to see if there are any connections. see if you can help out at a school... maybe think a little more broadly, like graphic identities for architecture firms. The graphic designer at my firm has a bad ass job. I'm actually jealous. you know, just keep at it. later pete

Sep 24, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: