Archinect
anchor

autocad f1 help button

ekims

Does anyone know how to disable the F1 help button in Auto CAD?
I keep hitting it by accident, causing the help window to open...kind of annoying.

thanks

May 24, 06 2:02 pm
A Center for Ants?

i popped the f1 key off my keyboard long ago. :)

May 24, 06 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

there's a couple things I've done, none of which is really perfect.

you can take a knife blade and pop off the physical key. (isn't good to do on laptop keyboards)

you can go into the autocad directory and rename the help file. this way, when you hit f1, you get a little warning box that says the file couldn't be found. this helps only in that you don't have to wait the few seconds for the help file to load.

some keyboards come with bundled software that gives allows you to disable or change the function of certain keys, but I've yet to see one that will let you disable the F1 key while ONLY in autocad.

May 24, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
FU F1

this thread should help:

http://www.archinect.com/forum/threads.php?id=P23119_0_42_0_C

May 24, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
ekims

thanks for the link. (& thanks to batiment's comment, i got it to work.)

May 24, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
Cherith Cutestory

for me it was the F2 key i kept hitting when turing on and off osnaps. text window be damned!

May 24, 06 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

I owned a GE keyboard for a very short time with a superfluous power button right by the esc key. I wanted to hunt down the person whos idea that was and beat them senseless with the keyboard....

May 24, 06 11:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: