Archinect
anchor

Madison, WI

mdler

I have a friend who is moving to Madison, Wisconsin with her boyfriend, and is looking for architecture firms.

Any advice???

Thanks

Jul 12, 04 10:28 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

prayer...

Jul 12, 04 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
anti

I went to school there. Not a huge arch scene. If you are really hard up send me an email and Ill get you in touch with someone who is still there.

Jul 14, 04 1:16 am  · 
 · 
gasp

Taliesin Architects were dissolved 3 or so years ago, but there still are architects working in the studio there (Spring Green). There might be some interesting restoration work, but nothing edgy.

Jul 14, 04 3:11 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

wait, taliesin architects dissolved? i hadn't heard that. i was just at taliesin west 3 or 4 years ago hanging out w/ some of their students...is the school still around ( i heard they recently obtained accredation? ) or is the office just gone, or is it just taliesin east?

Jul 14, 04 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

Urban Land Interests - ULI - Is looking for a staff architect.
Maybe you can hook-up with Findorff - they have a Hundred Year Plan and a new facility to boot.....

Jul 14, 04 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
gasp

The Frank Lloyd Wright school of architecture is still kicking. Their accredation is not so certain. A new CEO came and went that upset the fellowship and caused a very good Dean to leave. This CEO also dissolved the firm for monetary reasons, but the architects are still there. (Both East and West)

Jul 15, 04 3:56 am  · 
 · 
onceandfuture

Taliesin Associates did fold, those who were part of it now are independent but can title themselves "A Taliesin Architect". The school is for the time being still in operaton, and the restoration of both Taliesin and Taliesin West continues (which is where a lot of the financial vacuum comes from) according to newspaper reports.

Jul 15, 04 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
pvb358

Many firms in Milwaukee have branches there, Plunkett Raysich and Kahler Slater, you'd have to apply through them.

Jul 18, 04 11:56 am  · 
 · 
fllwforum.com

Marshall Erdman and Flad & Associates are Madison's biggest firms. I've heard neither are great employers. Then there's some of the firms listed above. The rest are pretty tiny, but in abundance.

---
FLLW Forum

Aug 31, 04 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

New job Positions in Madison:
Job Postiongs

Nov 19, 04 3:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: