Archinect
anchor

Best music so far this year.

mdler

lletdown

have you heard the National???

Listen to their music...it takes a couple listenings sometimes, but they are increadible

btw, they asked Clap Your Hands to open for them on thier last tour and then CYHSY blew up...the billing changed. I went to one of their shows in LA and almost everyone left after CYHSY opened..didnt even stay for the National (THE LA CONCERT FANS SUCK, BTW)

I liked CYHSY much better when they were the Talking Heads

May 25, 07 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I think the National won...

May 25, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands

i'm anxious about the new editors lp.. though the first single is kind of disappointing. i adored their first album.

May 25, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

mdler,
yeah i have listened to the national and they don't do it for me

as for clap your hands... i totally agree...
their self titled album was really stellar... i couldnt have been more suprised by that one...
some loud thunder shouldnt be a suprise too much though... sophomore albums are always super tough when the first was so great... you have your whole life to write your first album... and only a year or two for the second... i think clap your hands suffered from this big time, as the songs on some loud thunder are bits and pieces of songs that could be good, but were stretched out far too much... little abused snippets of songs...
clap your hands are a perfect example of why i wish people did more EP's... they werent ready for another full length so quick... half of some loud thunder could have been chucked and a respectable ep would have been the result

May 25, 07 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

fair enough

May 25, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
hitman

if you like Interpol's Turn On the Bright Lights, you'll probably like The National's album

I just love the drumming on that album

May 25, 07 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

is everyone referring to albums or songs?

May 25, 07 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
grid

fujiya and miyagi

so hot right now!
just saw them at the echo.. good stuff.

May 25, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

mathew dear

May 25, 07 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
binary

j-dilla the shining and ruff draft
aux 88's new one
slum village volumn 2

and some random mix cd's from dj's

b

May 25, 07 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
squaresquared

I second hitman's choice of Blonde Redhead's 23.

May 26, 07 12:17 am  · 
 · 
AtelierTabulaRasa

All Royksopp...all the time.

May 26, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

malajube definately has me rocking, as well as Gym class heroes albeit its rather commercial and over played. Sandi Thom is great too

May 27, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
erjonsn
here's a comprehensive catalogue
May 28, 07 12:21 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I am listening to Royksopp right now :)

May 28, 07 12:31 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I am now listening to Kings of Leon

May 28, 07 3:25 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i've been digging;

Grinderman
LCD Soundsystem

May 28, 07 5:04 am  · 
 · 
a-f

It's from 2006, but I only recently realized what a fantastic record this is:

May 29, 07 4:19 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

re: the drift
a-f,
have you read this interview? it is really great, also there is a video out there somewhere on the interweb of SW recording the part of the album where he "plays" a slab a bacon. seriously.
i can't wait for the documentary to be released. i love scott walker initally from his older stuff, but Tilt and The Drift have grown on me incredibly. You should listen to them on the supernice 180g vinyl if you're into that sort of stuff.

May 29, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

ive been diggin on some Shuggie Otis lately...

as well as, Andrew Bird, Devotchka, Menomena, Mogwai, Manu Chao (thank you jaime), Joy Division, Gang of Four, Doug Martsch solo stint (not something to blow ur mind but definitely listen-able), Mingus (always Mingus), Buck 65, Blonde Redhead, Bedhead, A Hawk and a Hacksaw...etc. etc.. etc....

May 29, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

betamax, go see manu chao on his north american tour this summer!

you will not be disappointed!

May 29, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
db

wilco's sky blue sky

also like the nod to joy division above.
can't wait for Control to open, along with the soundtrack.

May 29, 07 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
Frit

Speechwriters LLC has been in heavy rotation recently, the live show from William & Mary in particular SWLLC

May 29, 07 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Mirin

Arvo Part

go Estonia!!!

May 30, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Entasis79

Has anyone listened to Clutchy Hopkins?

It is kind of a funky-jazzy-hip hoppy instrumental kind of sound. Sorry for the horrible discription but it is a hard sound to place.
I have been playing this cd for about 3 weeks now and can't get enough.

Supposedly, Clutchy is a nomadic hermit and lives somewhere out in the desert. Very strange...

May 30, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
Martinsson

The Cinematic Orchestra - Ma Fleur, Working For A Nuclear Free City, Charlotte Gainsbourg - 5 55, Feist,

and thanks to this thread (mdler), The National - Boxer ... they ARE increadible

May 30, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
abyssinian

Lupe fiasco----food and liquor
Jay-Z----Kingdom come
timbaland-----shock value
john Legend----Once again
MF Doom-----(forgot the title)
Esthero----Wikked little girls
DJ Khalid
Talib

May 30, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
207moak

bridges & powerlines

May 30, 07 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

If anyone likes Tortoise, Cinematic Orchestra and that kind of thing, check out Jaga Jazzist. They're a Norwegian nu-jazz group that's pretty mind blowing. The BBC voted one of their discs, the Stix, "best album of 2002."

May 30, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 

the new andrew bird: armchair apocrypha

http://www.andrewbird.net/

May 30, 07 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

when i was on hold with the sturctural engineer i heard part of lovin touchin squeezin.

May 30, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
grid

I saw andrew bird at amoeba music a month or so ago. yay for free shows.

May 30, 07 3:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: