Archinect
anchor

Indianapolis in the Summer

apple79

Hi,

I will be in Indy this summer and was wondering if there were any interesting sites to see. I am familiar with Columbus, IN, so more info about this city would be great as well.

Thanks!

May 18, 06 10:47 pm
vado retro

yes there are some really interesting sites to see! and they are only three hours away in a place called chicago!

May 19, 06 6:11 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Nothing really all *that* interesting....but I'll think on it a bit and get back. Have you ever been here before?

May 19, 06 7:37 am  · 
 · 

you could see a show at the murat. it's like a big sandcastle > an old shriner temple in the middle of downtown. now it's a theater. it was a sublime place to see cake.

May 19, 06 7:42 am  · 
 · 
apple79

thanks steven!
liberty bell ... the last time i was in indy was for a conference. i think i was 10 yrs old!

May 19, 06 10:21 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What was the conference on, Tonka Trucks?!?

There is plenty to see if you just want to get a sense of Indy. The downtown canal development is all neat, the Indiana State Museum building is nice, and a lot of the historic buildings downtown, and historic inner city neighborhoods, are nice. The Eiteljorg Museum is nice too.

There's a MOR Graves building in Broad Ripple, the Indy Arts Center. Broad Ripple is also fun for drinking and playing pool.

More later as I think of it.

May 19, 06 10:46 am  · 
 · 
apple79

thanks liberty bell! i don't own a car and will be walking/ taking public transportation. can you tell me about public transportation in indy? it seems a little infrequent.

May 19, 06 10:59 am  · 
 · 
apple79

thanks liberty bell! i don't own a car and will be walking/ taking public transportation. can you tell me about public transportation in indy? it seems a little infrequent.

May 19, 06 11:00 am  · 
 · 
apple79

May 19, 06 11:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

will you have a car?

May 19, 06 11:14 am  · 
 · 
apple79

no car ... i prefer public transportation and walking

May 19, 06 11:25 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

It may be hard here w/o a car. If you live and work downtown, good. vado can tell you where the grocery stores etc. are down there, I don't know. If you live and work in Braod Ripple, you'll also be good to walk. There are buses, but infrequent as you say. On the upside, there is a very good bike path/canal path network, and drivers are for the most part polite, so getting around by bike might work out.

May 19, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
apple79

i found a place in castleton. thanks for the suggestions. are there any good vegetarian restaurants? i was glad to see a trader joe's. i haven't seen one of those since i was in chicago.

May 19, 06 1:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: