Archinect
anchor

How late is too late for responding to job ads?

magentasky

Considering job postings on Archinect have a posting date but no expiration date, what is the acceptable time period to apply for these positions?  Obviously the ideal time to apply would be as soon as its posted...but is four weeks too late? This is kind of tricky because you don't know if the position has been filled or not since they also don't remove the ad once they find a candidate.  Seems like a win-win situation for employers. 

Also, does anyone still use personal references?  I have work references and school references and was wondering if I should also include a fourth personal reference...

Feb 24, 12 10:56 pm
goldenoldie

There's no harm in applying.  Even if that position is filled, if they like your application, they may keep you in mind for the next opening.   Submit your resume, a cover letter and perhaps one or two relevent work samples.

I recommend submitting references only upon request - unless your reference(s) has connections to the employer.

Feb 24, 12 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
pdigi

I agree.  I can't see any harm in applying.  I've sent a cover letter, resume, and work samples to ads posted more than month before I actually applied.  

Of course, I never hear back from any of these firms.  I've never heard back from any Archinect posted ad to be honest.  Even the ones I've applied to on the day of posting.

Feb 27, 12 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
Peter Normand

I think it is all about using your time wisely, I would apply to later postings after the most recent ones have been applied to.  I work backwards on the calendar until I use up the time I have to submit an application which is a cover letter email and a resume and reference sheet in the form of a PDF.  I think the first 48 hours are crucial but after that do the ones you really want and have the time for.

Feb 27, 12 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

If it is already posted, it is too late.

The low hanging fruit is already picked! Any job posted is going to be either for show, "see our company is really doing well", or "let us see what talent is out there, so we can get some ideas".

If your not on the inside deal at the table, you are the sucker at that poker game.

May 28, 12 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
Burrrrrton

It seems to me that if the vacancy is active, it means that the right person has not yet been found and you have a chance. Or the employer forgot to fill the vacancy. It turns out that the chance that the vacancy is relevant is 50/50.

Jul 7, 21 8:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

How late is too late to reply to a 2012 thread resurrected by a spam bot?

Jul 7, 21 8:30 am  · 
1  · 

July 9, 2021. Anything after that is like wearing white after Labor Day.

Jul 7, 21 10:29 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

does that rule apply to the Klan?

Jul 7, 21 10:31 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

The Clueless Cucks Clan, you mean?

Jul 7, 21 12:40 pm  · 
 · 

It applies only to Archinet users.

Jul 7, 21 7:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: