Archinect
anchor

An Internship?

Carlospc116

Hey guys! 

I'm 14 and I would really enjoy the prospect of being an architecture, and I was wondering, are any colleges or firms offering a summer internship for people with my age? If so, where would I be able to find these colleges or firms and get in contact with them? 

Thanks in advance!

Feb 24, 12 7:37 pm
Carlospc116

anyone?

Feb 24, 12 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
magentasky

Carlos, since you are under 16 you will not be offered an "internship".  But there are summer programs out there that introduce you to architecture.  Usually these have a registration fee and a specific duration and schedule.  Where are you located?  I would make a list of all the architecture schools in the area and search on their website for summer programs for high school students.  If you don't find anything, try contacting the architecture department directly and seeing if they have any program you can participate in. 

Feb 24, 12 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
goldenoldie

Best of luck.  I'd bet if you googled that question you could find many firms in your home town that would welcome some free help.  E-mail them describing your ambitions and express your expectations and abilities.

You're welcome.

Feb 24, 12 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
Carlospc116

thanks to everyone that responded! Instead of internship, I meant a summer program or something similar. I am located in Panama (Central America) but I was born and raised in the US and am open to anywhere in the US

Feb 25, 12 8:03 am  · 
 · 
med.

Dude - you're 14......  You need to enjoy it while it lasts.  There is no advantage in you having an internship at that time.

Feb 27, 12 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
zonker

I actually know someone who did start his internship at 14 - he became quite proficient at architecture - it was like second nature - 14 is not too early

Feb 27, 12 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: