Archinect
anchor

What is the dress code in your office?

hessan007

I can recall these days when I used to wear my fav hoodie even at my office, Good days

Aug 12, 21 5:43 am  · 
 · 
Almosthip

I am currently wearing my favorite QOTSA hoodie and a pair of jeans

Aug 19, 21 10:59 am  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

I'm currently at the office in sneakers, jeans, and a decent shirt (untucked).

Aug 19, 21 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

Curious to find out if dress codes have changed (or less enforced), at least in the short term with the work-from-home shifts.

Aug 19, 21 9:48 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

You mean besides working in my underwear?

Aug 19, 21 1:18 pm  · 
2  · 
gibbost

Our office did WFH for about a year. We were asked to come back on June 1st--but not required. Leadership loosened the dress code--down from 'business casual' to jeans/skirt and a nice shirt. We all assumed it as a small incentive to come back to the office. I'd say that 70% of the office now takes advantage of dressing down--but many still dress as they did before. Me personally, I spent so much time in casual attire at home that I enjoyed coming back and having purpose to wear some fancy pants.

Aug 19, 21 2:05 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

My ironing board still gets a good work out.

Aug 19, 21 3:25 pm  · 
1  · 

I've worn dress shirts only a few times since we started WFH for zoom meetings where it felt warranted. I haven't touched fancy pants, shoes, or socks at all in that same time frame. As long as you're dressed, no one really cares for the internal office meetings.

Aug 19, 21 3:37 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

Our office never had much of a dress code anyway ("PNW Casual" is real) but I enjoy looking nice. I still throw on a button up and real pants most days.

Aug 19, 21 4:33 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

My boot collection was getting really good. Now they look less good in my closet. :(

Aug 19, 21 5:28 pm  · 
2  · 
randomised

My boss really has set the bar low in our office, she walks around the office in the same sweat pants and sweater all week...on her socks. I feel overdressed already when I wear my black boots.

Aug 19, 21 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I remember showing up for my first interview, for a summer internship, in a suit and tie, while the Principal interviewing me was in jeans and a sweatshirt.

Aug 20, 21 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
RJ87

15 ish person firm, mostly commercial work.

Dress code is collared shirt & slacks. About half the office defines that as a polo, the other half wears an actual dress shirt most days. Fridays jeans are permitted.

Admittedly it's not "necessary" most days to be dressed up when not seeing outside clients. But I still bump into folks at lunches so I like to look presentable & there's a clear "dress for the job you want not the one you have" vibe.

As a rule of thumb I've never been pro casual dress regardless of profession.

Aug 23, 21 3:15 pm  · 
 · 

Historically I’ve been infamous amongst my online community as someone who strongly prefers professional attire in the office, my personal hot point being exposed toes at the office. I’ve always decried sandals in the office, and specifically the worst offenders are flip-flops. Flip-flops are never appropriate, unless you were on the beach. And I don’t like bare arms exposing armpits at the office, either.

But between menopause (I’m fucking hot All. The. Time.) and Covid, and just the general ongoing traumatic existence of the last several years that we’ve all been facing, I’ve completely mellowed on clothing. Wear whatever you want, whatever helps you get through the day is fine by me. No judgment whatsoever from me anymore. It feels good!

Aug 24, 21 4:27 pm  · 
4  · 
atelier nobody

I'm a pretty frequent sandal-wearer on my own time, but can't imagine wearing them to the office (except when forced to come in on my days off).

Aug 24, 21 5:43 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sandales is default footwear at home, at the office, it’s dress shoes with colour coordinated laces. Cuddly is too, but no tie. Those are for weddings and funerals only.

Aug 24, 21 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

No sandals or flip flops at work ever, please no. But can’t decide the lesser of three evils, as my boss walks around in her tennis socks...

Aug 25, 21 5:33 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Also, "flip-flops" are shower shoes - sandals for wearing outside the house at the very least have a heel strap.

Aug 25, 21 3:16 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

don't see any heel strap

Arizona Suede Leather | shop online at BIRKENSTOCK

Aug 25, 21 3:28 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

nor socks

Aug 25, 21 3:38 pm  · 
2  · 
atelier nobody

OK, I suppose I'll allow Birkenstocks, but only if you have the hair to go with them.

Aug 25, 21 3:38 pm  · 
1  · 
proto
heel strap - check!

oof

Aug 25, 21 3:40 pm  · 
2  · 
RJ87

Croc's are their own special type of shoe at this point. Using the back strap is referred to putting them into "sport mode" so they won't fall off. Instant judgement except for children. Birkenstocks & sandals that look like they're made for hiking are "Jesus Sandals". Regular "Sandals" are like the ones below: Rainbow Sandals - Wikipedia

Aug 26, 21 5:35 pm  · 
 · 

TIL crocs have a "sport mode" ... I want those brain cells back.

Aug 26, 21 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: