Archinect
anchor

S o u l i k e i t ......

Nevermore

May 10, 06 10:39 am
rsteath

side question: Even though it may not be the best timing, it is the perfect place. What causes those "sqirmy little bumps" around images in pictures? I get that when I do photoshop a lot and I hate it! You see up there...aroung the text, the gun, the dog... (?)

much help, much thanks

May 10, 06 11:23 am  · 
 · 
aeronaut
May 10, 06 11:23 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra

I always called that jpegification...it is compression distortion.

May 10, 06 11:27 am  · 
 · 

I call it 'raster' because it happens to my eps files as soon as rasterized, even before I save them. And always, always the text.

May 10, 06 11:53 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

it's a result of something called "anti-aliasing"

see wikipedia's article

ironically. this is something related to graphics design...

May 10, 06 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
AP

full circle, once again.

May 10, 06 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova
"full circle, once again."

hahahaha

May 11, 06 1:37 am  · 
 · 
c.k.

anti-anti-aliasing it's called to be sure

May 11, 06 1:40 am  · 
 · 
jasmin

Didnt really get it Soulikeit:) Do you mean that its your position right now after tooo much graphic design versus architecture, which is better or tougher..correlation or differences between etc etc questions and people's saying stop answers:) I love dogs by the way and cant stand to see dogs next to guns even its a good graphic design

May 11, 06 11:47 am  · 
 · 
zoroaster

The bumps are caused by the .jpg format... part of the compression format it uses. In Photoshop, the best way to avoid this is to save in "non-lossy" formats, such as .psd or .tif (with lzw compression to at least lower the size a little). *Especially* if you're saving the same image over and over in Photoshop, you should use one of these other formats, because .jpg (re-)introduces it every time you save.

May 12, 06 2:29 am  · 
 · 
zoroaster

I also know of .bmp as being lossless, but there's no size advantage over .tif if you use lzw compression with .tif.

May 12, 06 2:31 am  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Did Soulikeit get into the AA? 

Aug 22, 19 9:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: